Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
littleblu87

TV screen is jumpy

littleblu87
14 years ago

I have a 10 y/o Panasonic CRT TV. A couple months ago the screen became sort of jumpy with slight horizontal lines. This would usually happen for awhile after it had been turned on or when I changed the channel. I'm thinking it might be the horizontal hold. Additionally, I believe the tv is out of focus as the picture is kind of fuzzy. And, the picture is darker than it should be. Even when I turn the brightness all the way up, it's still dark. But those last two issues have been going on for more than three years.

Is there anyway for me to fix any of these three problems? I know nothing about repairing electronics or dealing with electricity. I really only need the jumpiness problem fixed. Any ideas as to what the actual problems are and how much it might cost to fix all these problems at a repair shop? I think I'd rather repair it than to buy a new tv. I really hate LCD tvs and that's what most stores only carry now. Personally, I just don't think the picture quality in LCD tvs is anywhere near as good as in CRTs.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts