Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philips Model 60PP920217F Chassis DPTV305F Will not turn on.

Posted by big_country (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 23, 06 at 1:56

For some reason my 60" RP TV just decided not to turn on anymore. It worked last night but not this morning. It does not seem to be getting any power. I tried another recepticle but still no luck. There is no click sound or light on the power button at all. I was thinking maybe the power supply or a fuse but I have not taken the back off of it to even look at it yet nor do I know what I would be looking for. Any ideas? It was manufactured in April 2003.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Philips Model 60PP920217F Chassis DPTV305F Will not turn on.

Follow-up:
I read on another web site that if I unplug the TV for 4 hours it will reset so I left it unplugged overnight and it worked this morning. Not sure what made it stop in the first place or what exactly had to be reset but seems to work now.

o

Big Country,
I had the same problem happen to my Big Screen(exact same model as yours.) I am going to try resetting the television by unplugging it for the remainder of the day. Thanks!

o

This happened to me as well. One day, middle of summer, the TV would not respond to turning on. I removed the screws from the very back wood cover (with all the holes where the power cord is) there were 12 or so of them and they are normal nut driver screws which came out easy. Right by the power cord is a fuse. I removed the fuse and wrapped tin foil around it (just a quick test since I thought the TV was broken anyway) and put the fuse back in so the tin foil made the connection and BAM I had TV again.

I also noticed additional adjustments for the color guns and convergence right there with easy access and since my red is a bit off I *may* go back and mess with them.

Anyway, don't leave the tin foil on like I did as if something was going out inside and it caused the fuse to blow to protect itself- more damage may happen if it goes out again and just keeps getting power. I doubt I will replace the tin foil but I should and thats the right way to do it.

This happend in the heat of summer if that helps.

Keywords : Philips dptv305f broke 60pp920217f will not turn on power on broken repair fix take apart.

Stan

o
re: philips model 60pp920217f chassis dptv305f convergence probl

Hi i have a problem with this tv the problem that i am having is this set convergence will not line up i replace the chips that control the convergrnce after replacimg the chips now i can move the red cross hatch but now can't line up the small cross hatch witch is the top and bottom of the screen How do i move the lines in to place. email powell2211@yahoo.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here