Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chan_gw

Curtis Electronics

Chan
19 years ago

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions--good or bad--on Curtis electronic products. I am interested in a Curtis 512MB MP3 player (model # MP510), but am not having a lot of luck finding reviews. Is Curtis a decent brand? I know it's lower end as far as price goes and was curious if quality is the same. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (7)

• Deer180
    19 years ago

I for one never heard of it. Here is what I found:
    http://dealnews.com/articles/Curtis+Portable+CD+Player+for+10+shipped/65854.html
    If is EL CHEAPO = $10
    Who cares if it is rated or not - its a throw away.
    Primarily showes up in Canada, Amazon and Bestbuy -- must be some el cheapo import from China or where ever.

• gin_gin
    19 years ago

What Chan was asking about is an MP3 player, not a CD player. I had never heard of it either. I did a search and found it for about $130. There's probably a reason you're not finding much info on it. 512MB is small. You can get a 4gig Ipod Mini for around $190. I love my Mini.

• Deer180
    19 years ago

Curtis MP510 512MB MP3 Player has a built-in flash memory and supports Windows WMA and ...

http://www.mysale.ca/categories/10041-0-0.html

• doggit77
    18 years ago

*****Garbage Crap Do not Buy Waste of Money !!!!!!!

I would'nt touch this Product ! Nothing but Garbage.
    My Expierences are with Brand new Products that didn't work. At my cost I sent the items back to be replaced . They Shrink wrapped the Item's I sent , and then mailed them back to me. No Repairs or Replacements were ever done. I then returned the Items to the Store (a Major Canadian Chain Store)even though it was past the Return and Exchange dates and explained the Problem they returned my Items. I asked why they Carry "Curtis Brand" when it was such Garbage and they Replied they wished they Didn't carry it, but it was some one up Higher that did the Buying for the Stores.
    Also no 1-800 toll free number.

• Diva_duckie_live_com
    12 years ago

I would advise you not to purchase anything made by Curtis. My boys got me a flat tv for Mother's day. Bought at an HHGregs less than a month ago. I only turned this Curtis tv on maybe 5 times. (bedroom tv) Now it don't work.
    Curtis says I have to ship it to them for repairs. Shipping will cost almost the price of the set. HHGregs says it is my fault for not asking for the extended warranty. It was their grand opening... who knew anything about it. It should have been offered. So....stay clear of any Curtis product and far far far away from any HHGregs. They will both screw you.

• DevBase2020
    11 years ago

Curtis is crap. Curtis support is crap. hhgregg staff no help. hhgregg sales people lazy.
    I paid $130.00 for a Curtis TV/DVD combo last July 1st. It went out 2 weeks ago, a mere 6 months old. It was a clear day, no power surge and it was hooked up to a surge supressor, it just went blank. I tried the reset suggested by the Curtis service department and it did not work. The unit is defective and the service department wants to charge me $70.00 plus shipping. I feel I should get a replacement, it is obvious the thing had defective parts. I purchased a CRT TV 20 years ago from a pawn shop and it is still working. I have never had a piece of electronics go out so fast.

• alan_s_thefirst
    11 years ago

BIG NO.