Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janepa_gw

2nd try-CD w/downloaded bought tracks doesn't play in car player

janepa
14 years ago

I hope someone can help me here. I have searched for hours and found no solution.

I recently purchased 5 tracks from Napster. I downloaded them to my MP3 player and to a CD. They play on my MP3 player, and the CD plays on my in home Sony CD player, but the CD will not play in my car player, which is really where I wanted to play the CD. I get an E20 error message. My car manual does not state what an E20 message means, but I did a search and a car technician said there was a problem with the player. I don't go along with that because I can play other CDs in my car player, bought from music centers or ones I downloaded using a CD from the same pack. The new downloaded CD will not play in my husband's truck player either. My car is a 1999 Pontiac Grand AM GT, and my husband has a 2001 Chevy S10. It will play in my friends car which is a newer Mini-Cooper.

Could it be because of the age of my CD player? I think it might have to do with the TYPE (MP3) shown on the Napster track description. If so, can it be somehow changed? I did contact Napster, and they feel that since the CD plays in my home CD player the problem is not with the tracks.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Jane

Comment (1)

• steve340
    14 years ago

Older CD players in cars don't play the MP3 format. Check your owners manual for your car.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner