Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lost the dvd player

Posted by deb_pa (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 08 at 19:18

My brother, grandson and I were watching a Garfield dvd. The grandson went up and turned the tv off with the power button on the tv. This tv is a 32inch Magnavox about 6 years old, DVD player is a Symphonic a few years old. The tv is hooked to a Diretv box with coax line, the DVD player is hooked to the tv with the red, white and yellow lines. Ok when the tv was turned back on we had nothing. So I went into the tv's setup and saw the setup had gone to Antenna signal so I changed it back to cable. The dish then worked fine. Problem, I can't get the DVD movie to play on the screen again. I have tried all the channels on the tv but none show the movie. I have tried the input button on the Directv remote and it turns to a channel but no picture or movie. What the heck am I missing here? Called Directv and they say "not their problem, not their equipment". Please help, I am lost.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lost the dvd player

you need to select the TV's AUX input.....

if you can't select it, post your TV model number

o

I suspect your grandson may have been charged up with static from the carpet or his clothing on the floor.

Try swapping out the dvd cables with those from the dish. Might help eliminate one question mark.

-Ed

o

Model number MS3250 C331 Serial number 78200731 I can get to the tv setup menu by holding in the volumn up and down buttons but didn't see an Aux setup, hope this isn't only on the "lost" remote. Dvd uses the 3 colored wires, red, white, and yellow. Dish uses coax cable, can't swap them around. Will try new colored cables tonight.

o

Press the CH + or buttons on the TV to scroll the channels until AV1 appears in the upper left corner of the
TV screen.

o

Thank-you, thank-you. Found the DVD player between channel 1 and 125. Now I have to teach my brother how to go from the Dish control to the tv channel control. Don't suppose you could tell me how to get the dvd player back to playing on channel 3, same as the dish?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here