Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DSL and telephones....help please.

Posted by ar_dramaqueen (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 24, 09 at 18:52

I recently got DSL for my home. I have several wireless telephones in my house (not cell phones, wireless phones). This is a set of Uniden DCX640 Expandable Hand Sets.
The main base has an answering machine on it, and thoug the main base still works as far as a phone, the answering machine no longer kicks in and picks up the call.
Also, some of the hand sets have no dial tone.
I have plugged the phones into the DSL filters given to my by the DSL company, but it seems that only a few of my phones still work. Once I plugged in the DSL, the others have no dial tone and the answering machine will not pick up.
What could be the issue?
Any ideas?

Thank you for any help,
AR_Dramaqueen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DSL and telephones....help please.

How many of the phones and devices are connected to the line? All of them? You may have too many devices on the circuit. Every device pulls a bit of current from the line. If too much current is being pulled, too many devices, some of them may not get enough current to work, won't ring or get a dial tone. If it all worked before DSL, could be the DSL filters themselves are pulling enough current to make the difference between the phones working and not.

o

I have a 4 phone system. We first had a system with 2 phones on it. Then we bought a system with an answering machine so we now have the answering machine base telephone plugged into the wall, and the other 3 phones work off of it wirelessly.
AR_D

o

Had the same problem then Verizon came out and removed all the individual filters and put in one main filter in the service box outside. Haven't had a problem since and the DSL works much faster.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here