Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is Amazon an authorized dealer for Panasonic?

Posted by dadoes (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 07 at 16:27

A friend wants to buy a Panasonic plasma panel from Amazon, but is concerned whether they're an authorized dealer for manufacturer warranty purposes.

Anybody know?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is Amazon an authorized dealer for Panasonic?

I believe that Amazon processes the order through one of the dealers they have in in list of reliable dealers. The product is shipped to you not by Amazon, but by the dealer anywhere in the US. For example, I can order a camera lens from Amazon, but the lens may be shipped to me by Adorama or any of the dealers in their list. That's how they can provide good deals on products.

o
RE: Is Amazon an authorized dealer for Panasonic?

The question is if he purchases a Panasonic plasma panel from Amazon, does the item carry a full manufacturer's warranty through Panasonic, or a potentially-limited seller's warranty through Amazon?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here