Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
magnavox problems

Posted by tillette66 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 2, 09 at 14:00

My model number is 50MF231D/37. I am having troubles getting my tv to power on. When we turn it on nothing happens no picture and no sound. just a black screen and the green led light is on and will blink when you change the channel. We have been having to unplug and plug it back in about 30 times before it will finally come on. and lately it has been taking longer. all it does is clicks and then double clicks and the light comes on but nothing else... can you help please. the television is only 2 years old

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: magnavox problems

I have a 37 inch Magnavox LCD TV Model # 37MF331D/37 It is about 3 years old and It will not come on come on the indicator light is green and just blinks at times it seems like it want to go on and flash a blue screen slightly but then right back to black gray. Could it be the power supply

o

have a small magnavox tv the demo will not cut off and keeps scrolling on the screen. How do you cut it off.

o

I have a Magnavox 37MF331D that has a similar problem. When turned on the green power light blinks and then eventually goes off, when re started the light comes on solid then turns off again. This sometims takes several tries before it eventually comes on and works fine for the rest of the day. It took nearly 30 minutes to come on this morning. I would like anyone to respond if a solution has been made to sloggett@gwtc.net. Thank You!!

o
Magnavox TV - Suddenly No Sound

I bought my sister a Magnavox 20MT133S about 4 years ago. She doesn't watch a lot of TV so it has been used gently. Yesterday, without any warning, she turned it on and there was no sound. The picture is fine. She tried plugging earphones into the jack but that doesn't work either. I had her try re-setting the various audio settings but nothing works. Apparently, this model has no SAP, so it wasn't that either. Should we trash it and buy another?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here