Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where does the Direct TV receiver go?

Posted by ksokiegonnab (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 13, 09 at 13:59

Building a shelf/cabinet for a new flat TV. Components will all be hidden from view in the cabinet. The problem is that I can't figure out where to place the Direct TV receiver. Will a 32-40" set be to heavy to set on top of the receiver? It is my understanding that it must be out in view so the blue light is visible. How is this done, short of just setting it on the shelf beside the TV?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where does the Direct TV receiver go?

If your tuner uses an IR (light) remote, you must be able to see the front of the tuner for the remote to work properly.

If your tuner uses an RF (radio) remote, you can put it in the cabinet behind closed doors.

If you determine that your tuner uses an IR remote control, you can buy a remote control repeater system. Then you can hide the tuner and still operate it with the remote control.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here