Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magnovox 19x613 picture problem

Posted by mfuhrman (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 08 at 11:32

The picture on the Magnovox 19x613 began acting strangely. When I would turn on the TV, the picture would be scrambled. Perfect sound, but the picture would have horizontal lines as if the horizontal hold was out of sync. After the TV was one for a few minutes, the picture would adjust and come in perfectly clear. Over time, warming up the TV no longer mattered. The picture remains scrambled as if the horizontal hold is messed up. The sound is fine, its just the picture. I have read a number of posts and it sounds like it could be a resistor on the CRT circut board. Of course, the resistors on my circut board are numbered differently from those referenced in other posts. So, I need some one who has experience with this model TV to lend me some advise. I hate to trash the TV if all I need to do is solder a replacement resistor. Any one have any advise for this rookie electrical engineer? Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magnovox 19x613 picture problem

Pee Wee, I was hoping you'd be around to offer me some assistance. You've been so helpful to others. Are you still out there?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here