Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ms3250 c321 32t800-7629 Shuttin Off

Posted by TTRON (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 9:05

Hi all. I know this is an old TV set but I think it is still usable if I can find the right fault!
My issue is this: the TV set picture will shut off quickly after turning it on.
After changing the channel it will come back on for a few seconds to a minute or so then shut off again.
The TV is still on but the Video and audio shuts off. I saw a post that said to test the 3340 resistor and it tests good so I checked all those R'ss right there in the CRT PCB but they were all reading a value. I do not have a schematic so I am wondering what to check next.
Thank you in advance for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ms3250 c321 32t800-7629 Shuttin Off

Hi, it's been a few days since you posted so I hope you check back to see this.

I'm not familiar with your set at all, but one thing I've found when working with electronics is capacitor failures. Older equipment - 70s and 80s - will have worn out caps, especially electrolytics in the power supply. Newer stuff is often made with cheap Asian caps that fail rapidly. A lot of flat screen TVs less than 10 yrs old have had cap failures that can be fixed very cheaply if you know what to look for.

Bulging top ends on capacitors are a telltale sign.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here