Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magnavox degauss circuit

Posted by jim1215 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 08 at 8:24

I have a Magnavox model TS2760C207 TV with a problem in the degauss circuit. I know which component I want to replace, because this has been repaired in the past, and I can see where the component was re-soldered. My problem is that I don't know the part no. or where to purchase parts. The location on the circuit board is R410, but I don't have a schematic. The component in place is a TDK 230229-1, but searching for this number has not helped. Previous information that I have read says this is a thermistor or posistor, but I need more detailed information. Hope you can help.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magnavox degauss circuit

r410 is a thermistor?...Can you read info or color code on the thermistor itselF?
You could jump it with A THIN WIRE.Just to test it.They blow open because of excess heat or current.Info off it would be best.Is there another one on the board?
I found a service manual for my TV with diagrams of repair parts and install instructions at
HTTP://WWW.servicemanuals.net/results.aspxtype=SM&brand=100&model=27ts54.
Have you tried radio shack?
http://www.digikey.com/?WT.term=electronic+components&WT.campaign=1048&WT.content=text&WT.medium=cpc&WT.source=google&cshift_ck=639031267cs501693156&WT.srch=1

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here