Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best place to view hi8 tape

Posted by muddbelly (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 10, 08 at 1:05

We have a tape that is possibly "the lost wedding tape." It is on Hi8, but we do not have a HI8 camcorder. I don't want to pay to have it transferred if it is just blank - does anyone have any suggestions for a place to pop it in an take a look (Best Buy doesn't sell them anymore)?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best place to view hi8 tape

any friends with an old camcorder?

my parents used to have a VHS converter that you put the tape in and then played it in a VHS machine for their old Hi8. i have not seen it or one like it in years though.

o

That converter that your parents had let you play VHS-C tapes not Hi-8 tapes.

My local Target store still had a Hi-8 camcorder as recently as a month ago. they may still have one at yours.

Or find a local video production house and ask if they will play the tape for you.

o

they had 1 for VHS-C and then some type of converter one for the Hi8. the VHS-c one the tape went inthe back and used the actual tape to play. the one for their hi8 had it's own heads inthe converter tape. my stepdad got it from a buddy that runs a TV station, so it may not be avail to the general public.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here