Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need headphones for tv

Posted by victory_tea2085 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 18, 07 at 1:03

My wife would like to watch tv in the bedroom but is afraid the noise will disturb baby Caleb. I've seen headphones on e-bay but how would you know whether they will work with the tv we have? Thanks, Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need headphones for tv

If your tv has a headphone jack then almost any headphone will work with it.

Most tv's use 1/8" size jack so make sure the headphone plug matches.

If your tv is mono sound and the headphones are stereo you may need an adapter jack. Otherwise you may only hear sound from one side of the headphones.

o
RE: need headphones for tv

I have three sets of Sony MDR-CD580 headphones that I bought about 2 years ago. We use them all over the house (stereo, electric guitar, TV, computer). I use them particularly for TV as my hearing is not as good as it once was and if I watch I need to turn it up so I can hear it. With these headphones I don't need to turn it up and can hear it much more clearly. They are full size headphones but are very comfortable with about a 12 foot cord. They came with plug in adapter so fit both standard size jacks. The only things I can think of that you might want to consider is only one person can use them for the device at a time. Could be a problem if you both want to listen to the same program. Also, you might want to consider wireless as the cord is long but can still be restricting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here