Return to the Electronics Forum

o
Philips/Magnavox Tv Problems ?

Posted by Pee_Wee (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 26, 05 at 0:34

To get assistance on Philips/Magnavox TV: Post the model and chassis number on the subject line. In the message box, post the symptom. That is, what is the set doing or not doing.

Your descriptions are "my eyes and ears" of the possible problem. Bad description, bad results!

I won't read the posts every day, but what do you want for nothing?

On the posts that have 60 tvs listed on the one post, I will NOT READ AT ALL!

pw

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Phillips/Magnavox ptv835

The tv all of the sudden would not show a picture. The screen is completely black; although the power light is on. I can use the remote to power the tv on and off. Anthing that I click from the remote allows the green power light to blink. Also there is no sound. The tv is about 4 years old. Please Help

o
9p5031c102/ptv835

Pee Wee,

If you are monitoring the forum, do you have any idea of the following:
I have no no picture, and no sound. The person who looked at my tv stated that the high voltage power supply needs to be replaced. He explained that I have a low voltage supply which is why the power button is lit once pressed, and a high voltage supply which needs to be replaced.

Do you have any idea what exactly is the high voltage power supply?

please HELP!!!

o
RE: Philips/Magnavox Tv Problems ?

Pee Wee,
I have a Magnavox tv that was working fine until a transformer outside blew up on Friday. Now I have a perfect picture with no sound at all. Please help me!! I am going crazy without my boob tube! The model number is: MS3250 C321; the chassis number is: 32T800 7629. I don't know what to do. Thanks!!

o

I have a Magnavox TV and the modem number is TR 2512 C102 and the modem chasis no is 25P606 00AA . when i turn on the tv i have the perfect sound but no picture and there are yellow and red strips . Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!thankx

o

Locate and change C432 (100ufd/200v). Location: behind high voltage transformer.

good luck,

pw

o

model 9P6040C102: picture is black when u turn tv on after few minutes,green screen appears with red blue on fringes of screen ,after another 10 minutes or so picture comes on it pases in and out filling screen then shrinking has concave look after bout 20 minutes screen comes in clear but shrinks bout 2 inches from filling whole screen,any help would be much apreciated

o

tv wont start up model-RK8548 AKO2 SER-70833439 STAR/PIP 100 WATT SURROUND SOUND any ideas checked all

o

Hello Pee Wee,

Here my problem,

Philips 27PT54 3S37A

The problem started a few weeks ago. I would turn the tv on, the screen would flicker for a few secs and then image would take a while to fill the screen. Then I turned the t.v on got no picutre just heard a few clicking noises then the green power led would just turn off. I turned the tv on then off a few tims then eventually the piture would come on. Now when I turn the tv on get no picture, no sounds of anything....any suggestions...tv is not even 2 years old...HELP!!!

o

I've had a philips magnavox for 2 years (tp3285c121 model number) 32k800 7591 (chassis number) when turned on, it has a grey screen with white lines that are horizontal then goes off axis, no problem with sound. I look at previous posts and i looked at the 3340 resistor, but it doesn't look burnt out. i figure i will go ahead and replace it... please help me

o
Model: 42MF7010/17

Just purchased this 42"plasma, and everything is beautiful except that whenever the television is in operation (whether being used for CATV, XBox, DVD, etc., the sound goes up one notch at about 25-30 second intervals.
This is quite annoying now.
I also remember that when I turned on the television for the first time, the sound was all the way up to 100
What a lucky thing for me that I had not yet plugged in any cables or speakers. I adjusted it down, and things seemed fine for about 5 mins.
Any ideas?

o

My remote works only sometimes. I have cleaned the sensor windows, unplugged to reset the tv, and changed the batteries. It works when set to VCR, but not TV setting.
Frustrating....any ideas?

o

Phillips Magnavox tp2781c1----
Remote works sporadically. I believe something is wrong with sensor in tv. Remote works for vcr/dvd.

Any ideas...?

o
RE: Philips/Magnavox Tv Problems Model CP4570 A103 Chassis 25T10

As stated previously TV has no sound or picture, but when attempting to turn on all you hear is a "click" followed by another "click" in 2to 3 seconds. Checked the obvious, fuse, connections, etc. All OK. Help...

o

Ok, I have a problem very simular to some mentioned here, and would be very grateful if someone can assist. I have a Philips projection Screen Model 60P8342. Wife was watching t.v. and it switched off by itself, now when we turn the set on, no picture, sound or anything. Power button lights, set clicks as if coming on, then power button flashes 4 times, set goes off,then comes back on flashes 4 times, and keeps cycling like this until unplugged. Have tried leaving set unplugged for hours with no result. Looked in back, all fuses are good, and no charred componets. Any help would be appreciated.

o

Sorry, forgot to list the chassis. Chassis # PTV916

o

Model Number is RK8548 AK02
SERIAL # 71200674
Part number: PTV365 or 00A10386-A001 (not sure which one is the part number)
TV will not turn on - think it may be a broken AC power panel. How do I go about getting that part?

o
Magnavox 19PSC5 0121- Chasis: 19E602-00AA

My Magnavox model19PSC5 0121 is stuck in a demo mode. I cannot turn the power on or off, and NONE of the buttons work, nor does the remote control.
This happened once before, but being an old codger, I cannot recall how I got out of it.

I have unplugged the TV, and plugged it back in, multiple times and the TV comes on by itself!

The demo mode is a program that continues rolls-over and starts again, it demonstrates all of the featuers of the TV. I cannot locate the user's manual, or any reset buttons, etc. HELP!

o

Hi,
I have 3 of the same Philips tvs with the exact same problem. Model 32PT6441/37, Chassy L04.1UAA. Turn it on, the light stays on for a few seconds - then it blinks then the tv shuts off. No picture & I hear no HV. I had a arcade game repair shop for 18 years so I should be able to replace what the common problem is. Arcade monitors were much simpler!!
Thanks for reading & I hope you can help me out,
Carl
oozz@msn.com

o
Magnavox 20MS3442/17

Not sure about chassis number, mainboard has 1994V0 and long white sticker - OS0401330202233.

Vertical size is about 1/2 of normal and there are horizontal retrace lines visible on the top of the
screen. Everything else is working, sound, menu, color etc.

I think I know where line (horizontal) deflection output is
- Q402, but no clue which one is vertical deflection.
If you have schematics to e-mail me that would be perfect.

Thanks in advance.
Igor

o
Magnavox TV TS2760c101

The remote didnt work but only on the TV. It did fine on the CBL and AUX but not the TV. I replaced it and cant get the TV to respond at all, so I figure the remote sensor is the problem. Suggestions?

o

We have a Magnavox RK8530AK. For a while now when you accidentally unplug it from the wall or the power goes out it wouldn't work for a few days. Typically 3. This last time it has quit working all together. Any ideas?

o
Philips Magnavox model# 9P6031 C103

PW,
I have a Philips Magnavox model# 9P6031 C103; chasis# PTV835. The other night I came home to find the TV would not turn on at all. I'm not getting the other symptoms posted in some of the other messages like clicking noises or flashing screens. The TV was plugged into the SurgeProtector but we did have some bad weather pass through the area that very same day. Also it seems like my network adapter that was plugged into the same SurgeProtector is not working. This is the only TV in the house; I love my wife but we have exhausted all meaningful conversation... save my TV and my marriage! =)

o
Philips 32PT71B121 Chassis: 32H800 7592

PW,
I have a Philips 32PT71B121 with a 32H800 7592 Chassis. The Picture will shake very slightly after about 10 min then after 30min, Horizontal yellow bars will begin flickering on the screen then after 15min or so the bars will cover the entire screen. After about 10 or 15mins of the bars covering the screen the TV will shutoff and not function for a few hours. Also from time to time and recently for an extended time, the LED will flash continuously along with the volume going up to max. From time to time it will open the OSD menu and spike whatever setting it gets to first, usually brightness. TV was manufactured in 2001. Not all the problems occur at the same time but the shaking occurs most of the time when the TV is on. Any Ideas?

o
Magnavox TV with PIP

I inherited a 32" Magnavox TV with a remote. The TV is probably 6 years (or more) old. It has a PIP feature which I don't know how to use. The TV is set in a custom-built book/entertainment case and I can't get to the model number which I presume is on the back. Can you tell me how to make this feature work?

o

Re: Phillips tv model ts2760c101, sn 386169207, the IR reciever doesnt work. I have pulled the cabinet apart and there is a circuit board, looks like part 212382f060b, that has the buttons and the ir reciever. I will have to take everything off to get to it so I figure it would be reasonable to see if it is more than just a dirty panel, if I can get a replacement part since repairing the board is beyond me. I have checked several parts locations and none of them list the part number I have.

o

I fixed it! I went ahead and pulled the board out. Everything had about an inch of dust on it. I cleaned the board and the IR lens/cover thingy and fired up the remote and it worked. I then put it all together. Looks to me like the tv has only about 4 parts. the switch board and the big board, the tube and the stuff on the gun end of the tube. A couple of speakers and wires is about everything.

o
Philips Magnavox 32PT543S37G

Recently, our TV screen started going black...set was still on (green light on front remained lit) but no audio or video, just black screen (as if it were off). I could switch the channel with the remote and eventually the TV would "click" and the image would fade in from the center and cover the screen and video and audio will appear normal, although it may be reddish/green very briefly. Everything seems to work normally except when it just cuts out for periods of time (as described above). This happened occasionally one day but seems to be getting worse and more frequent. I think we may have taken a power hit of some kind this week. We live on Guam so power can be a problem at times and if I could fix the problem, it would most likely be cheaper than finding a repair place.

o
Magnavox 25 in. Model #TR2516 C121

A bright line runs through middle of blank screen when set is powered on. Audio is works correctly. Any ideas of a fix. Please help. Thanks Pee Wee

o

have a 2 yr old philips lcd model 15PF9925 15 inch tv...moved it to another room, and now I get sound but no pic..checked everything many times, no luck .. the ext button which would pull up the menu and sound, contrast etc. does not work. think if I could get a menu on, it would solve the problem. can a mechanic go inside the tv and do it that way? sound pretty dumb, but I am a lay person, with no expertise in this area. thanks
August 11, 2005 02:12 PM

o

I have a Magnavox, model #27TSC60101, manufactured in October 1994. The TV works great, but the remote is kaput. When we installed satellite TV last year, the tech told me that the code for the TV was not under Magnavox because there was a japanese chip in the tv. I accidentally wiped the code for this tv off the remote that came with the satellite service, and I cannot find where I wrote the information down. I cannot program any other universal remote to this tv, either. Help, please?

o
tv won't power on, 19PR14 C121 19P601-00AA

Greetings!

Ok, so the model and chassis number are respectively, 19PR14 C121 and 19P601-00AA and the TV was manufactured in February of 1996. The problem is that there is no power...nada..zip...plug it in and press the power button and nothing happens.
I took the back off, just to have a look see and couldn't find anything visibly wrong (ie, no charred parts) there is some minor discoloration around a couple of the resistors next to the flyback but besides that, nothing unusual. The fuse hasn't blown either.

Any suggestions?

o

Change r432(1k ohm 1/2w) & c432(100ufd/200v). R432 is located in front of the regulator heat sink(probably burned open), c432 is located directly behind the high voltage transformer(top may be bulged).

I won't reply again if listed on this same thread.

pw

o
Magnavox Model#TP259B101 Chasis#25B50200AA

My Magnavox TV is stuck in Demo mode. I have unplugged it several times, the buttons on the tv and remote do not work. The only way I can turn it off is by unplugging it. It keeps going through all the features of the tv. Can you please help? I have no idea where to begin to try and fix this problem.

o
RE: Model# TS2746C221 Chassis# 25F8007583

RE: Model# TS2746C221 Chassis# 25F8007583
Posted by originalcyn (My Page) on Tue, Sep 27, 05 at 21:29

HELP!!!
Seems I have the same problem everyone else has. When I turn on my set all I get is this bright grey screen with white lines. Then after a couple of seconds it turns off. I'm a little stress out about it. Being that my TV is only 4 years old and I'm a total moron when it comes to eletronics. Ya' think you can explain how to repair it in land-mens terms. Send pictures if you have them.....thanks in advance.....lovessweetness@aol.com

o

I have 2 60" Magnavox tv's. (ch: PTV835 mod: 9p6034 c101) and (ch: PTV910 mod: 60p8241). I live in Florida and after Hurricane Dennis, on both TV's, the 3 colors are seperated and there is a slight pincussion on top and bottom of screen. I've tried to converge with both the software, and with the 6 tuners on the inside. No luck yet. I'm sure it's a simple problem to fix, i've read many forums and found no answers,....someone Please help me figure this out, or at least steer me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

o

I have a 60" Model 9P6031 C102 and recently, the screen begin to shrink in and out on the initial few minutes of power on. Some times it will remain in the shrink position, a small picture in the middle of the screen. Some times a few power on and off will clear the problem temporary. Also noticed that when it is on full screen, it seems that the screen has shifted about half an inch toward the right. Vertical size looks normal. When the tv is warmed up, it seems to stay on full screen ok, however, I still can see that the screen has shifted 1/2 inch to right.
Thanks in adv. for your help.
Chris

o
Philips Model 14PT418ATv Problems ?

My problem is similar to some posted here but can not find answers.
After turning TV on at random times (from seconds to minutes)turns off howwever power LED remains off. In this conditions, changing chennels will turn TV on again. This is repetitive and a nuisance. TV has been at repair shop a number of times and can not fix problem.
Please advise.

o
Megatron (Philips tube) CTV-1371(E) vertical size problem

I have a Megatron (Philips tube) CTV-1371(E) with a vertical size problem. There are no vertical size, position, linearity, controls on the set. Picture on startup is very narrow and as it warms up increases somewhat -- less and less every startup. Picture is otherwise clear but looks like watching a shadowbox. With the linearity, people have short legs etc.

o

I have Magnavox TV
Model No: PR1910C123
Chasis; 19G602-00AA
Manufacturing year: Aug 1994

Problem: When I switched on the TV after couple of seconds the screen goes almost black. when i press the channel number then display is ok, but only for couple of seconds.
Again i have to press the channel button...

It looks like cat and mouse game for me....

Its really horrible to continuously press the channel numbers.

Please Help out of this problem.

Thanks in advance

o

I'm having the exact same issue as pryforums post above with my Magnavox TV and have the exact same TV.

Magnavox TV
Chasis; 19G602-00AA

Problem: After about 10 mins...sometimes longer, a black box pops-up on the screen covering about 90% of the screen leaving an ~ 3" border of "good" screen visable. Sound is good to. I have to either change the channel, volume up/down, or power off/on the TV to remove the black box. The box reappears at odd intervals anywhere from 10mins to upwards of 30 mins.

Also, every once in awhile there are strange acsii type characters (about 8 of them) in the top left corner of the black box in white font.

Thanks,
Lex

o

I have a Phillips 32DV60 --just bought it used--now i feel like a moron...it's been working fine most of the evening--been watching maybe 3 or 4 hrs--now turn the power on and it wont stay on...i'm really bummed... pretty tech savvy if this is a problem of simply r7r a pwr supply--but i see several people with similar problems here and no solutions...are there solutions posted that i'm just not seeing??

o
Magnavox RR1948 C421, chassis 19Y403-00AA

When I turn on the set, it looks OK at first and then the picture get wiggly off and on. When I hit the power button the picture stays on (without the wiggles), the sound turns off, and the closed caption turns on. When I hit the power button again it returns to the wiggly picture, sound, and no closed caption. I have to unplug the set to turn it off.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any responses,

Dennis

o

model: TS2746 C221
Chassis: 25f800 7583

Set turns on for approximatly 8 seconds, CRT shows horazontal lines, alternating narow white with 1/2'thick colored, the lines slant slightly upwards (higher on the right side of the crt). The colored bars start out a green/grayish color and change to orange/redish hues then to white during the 8 seconds. The set then turns off. I do not hear any abnormal sounds, I visually inspected the chassis and do not see any visual signs of a problem.

Any help would be very appriciated.
Thank you
Josh

o

I'm having the exact same issue as pryforums post above with my Magnavox TV and have the exact same TV.
Magnavox TV
Chasis; 19G602-00AA

Problem: After about 10 mins...sometimes longer, a black box pops-up on the screen covering about 90% of the screen leaving an ~ 3" border of "good" screen visable. Sound is good to. I have to either change the channel, volume up/down, or power off/on the TV to remove the black box. The box reappears at odd intervals anywhere from 10mins to upwards of 30 mins.

Also, every once in awhile there are strange acsii type characters (about 8 of them) in the top left corner of the black box in white font.

Thanks,
Lex please email css_lex@yahoo.com if possible, thanks!

o

i need to get to internal menu to adjust horizontal height. i can't see words at bottom of screen

o
FIX Philips/Magnavox Tv 32PT6441/37, Chassis L04.1UAA

In responce to Carl99's message concerning the issues he's having with his Philips 32PT6441/37 TV's, I think I have your fix. The TV I had was working fine, then after 4 months of use, it quit. The power LED flashed a code; 3 flashes, 2 flashes, then 1 longer flash then it would repeat.

I found out that the problem was the H. Drive Transistor (7404) I believe. Order repair kit 483531057673 from Tritronics Inc. I've included the link to bring you directly there. The repair kit will set you back $5.70 plus shipping. CHEAP! (Repair at your own risk)

You'll need to open it up (obviously), discharge the picture tube, disconnect a number of connectors (so that you can partially remove the mainboard to work on it) and replace two resistors (3239 & 3414), and transistor (7404). The kit includes semi-instructions. Just replace the components at the locations identified with the new hardware. It had an additional component (5402) in the kit as well. I'm not sure if it is necessary to replace it as well, but I went ahead and did it anyway.

It looks like this fix is similar for all of the Philips TV's models for this set design. The only change between them is the resistor value for 3414. The repair kit contains all of the resistors for the sets. The models are:

25PT6341/85, 26PW6341/37, 27MS6341/37, 27PT5441/37, 27PT6441/37, 27PT6442/37, 27ST6210/27, 28PW6341/85, 29PT6441/44, 29PT6441/85, 29PT6541/44, 29PT6541/85, 30PW6341/37, 32MS6341/37, 32PT5441/37, 32PT6441/37, 32PT6442/37, 32PW6341/85, 32ST6210/27, 33PT5441/85

I was told that the transitior in this repair kit is improved versus the old (early) design. Because of the tightly integrated printed-circuit board, soldering on it takes some skill, especially when removing the old transistor and replacing it with the new one. However, I'm no professional and my TV has been back up and running for two months now. Working fine.

-- PDS

Here is a link that might be useful: Tritronics Inc.

o

I have a 20 inch Magnavox (2MT1331/17) I went to turn it on the other day and the picture is almost half way down the screen seperated by a little white line then a black bar at the top. The picture appears to be fine just not centered. What could this problem be and how can I fix it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

o
20mt1331/17 Vert. Defl. Problem

Hey peewee,
My magnavox model num. is 20mt1331/17. It's a 20 inch. I'm not sure on how to find the chassis num. I went to turn it on the other day and the picture is about 3-4 inches down the screen seperated by a little red white and blue line then a black screen above those lines. One of my buddies told me it is a vertical deflection problem. He said the area i need to fucus on is located near the heatsink, lol but i'm not really sure where the heatsink is located. It's on the mainboard obviously rite???? Supposedly the solution is really simple to fix. I just need to know what piece (area) i need to resolder (replace). Someone else told me to resolder the connections to the circuitboard, I did that and it's still the same. Thanks for whatever help you can give me.
Kevin Flanagan kevflanaman@yahoo.com

o

Hello, the problem is a 32 inch philips/magnavox television
model #HD2518C101 and chasis #25B800-7562. The television is about 8 years old. When you attempt to turn the power on it "clicks" like it will turn on but nothing happens, no sound, no picture. Is it shot? Thanks

o
RE: Philips/Magnavox Tv Problems Model 9P6034 C102

About 2 years ago my house was struck by lightning and my TV was fried. About a year after having it repaired the color started going bad and when bright lights are on a show the light comes through bluish and out of focus. I tried to adjust convergence but I had 2-3 crosses that would not line up. The picture is still dull and the color, brightness, contrast, and tint are way off. Is there any way to adjust the red, green and blue bulbs to improve my picture? And if so, what are the factory settings?

o

MODEL CS5160 A 102
Chassis 31T101-00BB (1991)
PROBLEM: LOW/no CONTRAST (does not work)
THE MENU LOOKS GREAT
I have checked the beam limiter and luminance driver and the voltages are correct. I have the service manual for this set...
thanks

o

model# 27pt543s37a
Chas# l01. 1u ac-7638

This tv is only a year and a half old. When I turn it on the picture comes on for a few seconds then the tv makes a couple of clicking noises and the screen goes black. The power light stays green and if you change the channel you will get a picture for a few seconds. you only get sound when you have the picure. I hope you could help me.

o
Philips 32PT81 S127

This set manufactured in 1991 is having a different problem than what I have seen here so far.

My set started to have audio problems a few weeks ago. First the sound would drop out in the middle of a program. And then it would come and go over time. It had nothing to do with the volume as the sound when it returned sometimes 30 seconds and sometime 10 minutes later came back at the previous volume level.

My next problem was when the set started to turn itself on and the sound bar would come on the screen and run up and down. It of course scared the heck out of my wife and I when our TV came on by itself in the middel of the night.

I have unpluged the set for more than 4 hours to reset to factory settings but no luck - the problem persists each time I try. Of course the set is out of warranty and I am looking to avoid what could be very high repair bills.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

o
model:9P6444C105-chassis:PTV840

I have a bigscreen rear projection that is too dark. the bright adjust does nothing.This started recently. I took the screens off and cleaned the bulbs but the blue is darker than the red and green and in the bulb it looks like waterspots or dirt or some foreign matter inside. Any ideas?

o
m#25tr15-c122----chassis#25b800-7562

The set i have is a 1999 magnovox "smart series"...problem is no sound,everything else works fine.I took it apart and checked for dust build up and made sure the speakers and wires were ok,even tested with a couple of more speakers...still nothing.Is there anything else or part i need to look at..Seems so simple......Your knowledge would greatly be appreciated.....Thank You..

o
RE: Philips TV MR2641 C301?

I HAVE A COLOR TV PHILIPS AND IN THE BACK OF THEM THE NEXT INFO. MODEL. MR2641 C301 CHASSIS MODEL. 25Y106 00AA MANUFACTURED IN JANUARY 1994 AN THE PROBLEM IS TO I NEED TO FIND A SCHEMATICS OF THEM AND I CANT FIND INFO ABOUT THIS TV MODEL OR CASSIS IF ANIBODY CAN HELPME I APRESIATE, TANKS

o

ok here is my problem philips 32pt5441/37 tube telivision. when watching some channels the brightness flickers brighter dimmer and so on. the cable box was test and it was tested with other sources. it fluctuates depending on how bright the display on the screen is allready i have messed with all settings the filter dnr contrast+ color temp and all the video and audio settings im begining to think something else is wrong i have much soildering skills and basic electronics just very little tv diagnostics experience. thanks in advance

o

Hope you can Help Me My husband bought a big screen from a friend but the conversion was out,So I am trying to get the conversion right on my husbands big screen before he comes back from deployment I should probably take it to a repair shop but don't have the funds right now & wanted to supprise him.

Problem: When television is on there is a blue ,green & red outline of everything.How do I get it right?

Model: #9 P5544 C102 I am not sure what the chasis # is or where to locate it. Well I hope that i have given you enough information. Thank-You! So much Sincerely Natalie= )

o

Man Do I feel Stupid I looked at the back of the television again & found the chasis# I think that I will call & see if a repair man will come to my house cause I am afraid I might mess this huge tv up & that wouldn't be a very good surprise for my husband. Thank-You ! again

o
RE: Philips model ccb252at32

the tv has a bright line across the center of the screen from side to side and a few inches of picture above and below the bright line.
is there a known fix for this problem?
thanks
Wil

o
Philips 27' TV, Model No. 27PT543S37A, dated May 2003

Philips 27' TV, Model No. 27PT543S37A, decal dated May 2003

Lately, I have had to power on and off my Philips 27' TV 3+ times before the picture finally catches. The first time, the picture comes in fuzzy for a second and then disappears. I then shut the TV off and turn it on again for a second time.

The second time , the picture comes in a little clearer for a few seconds, then disappears. I then shut the TV off and turn it on again for a third time.

The third time, the picture comes in better, waves a bit and then fills the screen. The picture then is fine. Lately, it is takeing four and five times to get the picture to completely come in and remain.

What might be wrong with the TV and how might I fix it.

Thanks

o
Philips Model #27PT543S37A, Chassis Model # L01.1U AC-7638

I forgot to include the chassis number.

Philips 27' TV, Model No. 27PT543S37A, Chassis Model No. L01.1U AC-7638, dated May 2003

Lately, I have had to power on and off my Philips 27' TV 3+ times before the picture finally catches. The first time, the picture comes in fuzzy for a second and then disappears. I then shut the TV off and turn it on again for a second time.

The second time , the picture comes in a little clearer for a few seconds, then disappears. I then shut the TV off and turn it on again for a third time.

The third time, the picture comes in better, waves a bit and then fills the screen. The picture then is fine. Lately, it is takeing four and five times to get the picture to completely come in and remain.

What might be wrong with the TV and how might I fix it.

Thanks

o
Philips Model #27PT543S37A, Chassis Model # L01.1U AC-7638

There appears to be several threads regarding this same problem of needing sevral attempts to power up unit so that it stays on (maybe someone can use this information to come up with a final solution):

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/electronics/msg0300341010556.html?
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/electronics/msg0502124025007.html?
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/electronics/msg0604415810551.html
http://www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/11-2005/msg00433.html
http://www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/11-2005/msg00435.html
http://www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/11-2005/msg00445.html

From
http://wa6ati.com/NAP-WEB.html

BRAND NAP
MODEL: MS3252S431
CHASSIS: ch L01-1U AC7638
Keyword: Shutdown
SYMPTOM: MS3252S431 ch L01-1U AC7638. horiz squeal at turn on, horiz freq off set shuts down. after sevral attempts to power up unit will come on and usually stay on.
CURE: Checking capacitors in the horizontal drive circiuit the tech found cap 2455 a 47mf25v in hdt circuit defefective. Replacing the device the symptom was cured.- Thanks to DD Mountain View, Ca.

o
Philips/MagnavoxTvProblems?model # ts2543 c121chasis #25x60700aa

tv comes on fine sounds good picture doesnt come in very well from time to time picture is fine but for the most part the screen rolls the menu and menu options all come in fine but the picture has problems please help

o

my tv is semular to what other people are having on here!
my tv is a philips 42 inch plasma modnumber 42fd9932
tv tries to come on and when powered read light comes on and when i turn the power on with the remote the light turns grean and tv clicks and after a few seconds the it clicks of with a flashing red light need help!

o
Model #: 15MF050V/17

Not sure where to post this. Put one on the main page as well: keeps powering off every few minutes unless fan on back of unit, then will stay on a bit longer, maybe 10 minutes. Will power up just fine after 4 or 5 seconds.

Thanks,

o

still no help with this expensive tv you would at least something that cost $10.000 new you wouldn't have this problem i'm having

o

TV model number: 27TS54 C101
TV chassis model number: 27b800-7562

I just got this TV from a friend who said it hasn't worked for months. When i go to plug the TV in, there is a clicking from the circuit board. alternating with the clicking is a kind of pulse coming from the left channel speaker. the tv will not turn on at all or show any lights (led or otherwise). Any help you could offer would be great.

o
RE:Magnavox Tv model 20ms334R01

Can someone tell me what channel the tv should be on when using the DVD player .

Thanks , I lost the owners book .

Reno

reno_bello@yahoo.com

o
Philips TV Model: 27PT6442/37 Chassis: L04.1U AA

Model: 27PT6442/37 Chassis: L04.1U AA

TV Does not turn on. Is the fix the same as the one in the reply to Carl99's question above? Thanks.

o
Green Light but no Power

Model No. 9P5534 C103
Serial No. 45916254
Chassis No. PTV835
Date Code 7/25/00 3910Y25K

When the power button is pressed the green light will come on but nothing else happens. There's no sound or any flicker in the screen and the green led simply stays lit (no blinking). It doesn't appear to be on at all other than the green light. Hope you can help PW. Thanks!
--Alex@littleboxofbones.com

o
Model # 27TS54 C101 Chassis # 27B800-7562

How I can use my Philips/Magnavox model# 27TS54 C101 (August 1998)and chassis # 27B800-7562 as an external monitor to broadcast movies from my ACER TravelMate C110TCi Tablet PCI.

My ACER TMC110TCi has external display port and allows to displays up to 16 M colors at 1024x768 resolution?

Thank you bery much for your time,

Andrey

o

25B800-7562

If your problem is: No video, no sound , TV automatically turn off when you try to turn it on.
The problem can be fixed by remplacing D409 and D445
the original diode is PH33J "philips manufactured". this diode can be replaced by NTE580 or 1N5406
the product specification about this semicunductor are the following:

voltage: 600
current: 3A
Reverse recovery time: 250NS

Also pls check the ceramic capacitor C506 maybe it is burned, If so replace it. The product specification about this capacitor are the following:
Voltage: 2000V
Capacitance: 680PF
This part is available on internet: WWW.digi-key.com

Tks and Brgds Juan S

o
Philips/Magnavox model # 25TR15-C122

We have a 25 inch Philips magnavox smart series model # 25TR15-C122 I bought in 1999 and the television will not turn on. I noticed a burnt smell so I opened it up and noticed that the capacitor at location C506 is burned out. Can anyone tell me the values of this capacitor and where to buy one?

Thanks!

o

I found similar (probably) model 25TR15-C1 and C506 there is 680pF ceramic 2kV. You need the 2kV capacitor not any small one because it is between horiz yoke and the ground. I don't think this is the only problem. You can unsolder this capacitor and TV should turn on with out.

You probably have problems in deflection or power supply also.

o

I unsoldered the bad capacitor and now the tv will now turn on. Any Idea where I can buy this capacitor I have tried local electronics shops but none carry that kind of voltage.

o

MODEL#32RF50S127
SERIAL#76998597
MY TV COMES ON FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THEN SHUTS ITS SELF OFF.I TOOK IT TO A REPAIR SHOP AND THEY HAD IT FOR TWO MONTHS. THEY SAID IT WAS SOME SURGE THING.CAN ANYONE HELP ME ON WHERE TO GET THE PART AND FIX IT.THE REPAIR SHOP SAID PHILLIPS SENT THEM THE WRONG PART AND NEITHER THE REPAIR SHOP OR PHILLIPS WILL GIVE ME ANY INFO.

o

Model#: 27PT832025
Serial #: YA1A0340019073

NO sound, screen display stuck ("Mono") .... won't change from "mono" to "stereo" in setup menu .... error code ("14") won't reset in SDM mode.

o

Magnavox MT1331B101 : S/N62954385
Posted by retired (My Page) on Sun, Dec 11, 05 at 21:11

TV has rolling horizontal lines but no horizontal hold adjustment. Any suggestions?

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Magnavox MT1331B101 : S/N62954385
Posted by: Pee_Wee (My Page) on Mon, Dec 12, 05 at 21:18

Change c432 100ufd/200v, located behind the high voltage transformer.
pw

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

RE: Magnavox MT1331B101 : S/N62954385
Posted by: retired (My Page) on Wed, Dec 14, 05 at 20:53

Thanks but could not find it.
I see 2 xfmrs,

1. @ the power block,
2. T572.

Also, unable to find any components in the 4xx series.

Any other help would be appreciated.

o

PeeWee's fix for the replacement of the 10 ohm 1/3 watt resister was right on, for the Philips/Magnavox 27" TV's. Had the problem licked in 40 minutes and have enough parts to fix it four more times.
Unfortunately there are amny things in todays market place that just do not last due to improper part choice.
Olympus made an expensive camera that in just a few years the capacitor that was to hold the memory when batteries were changed goes bad. Makes for a darned agravating camera at that point.
Think how you would like it if your PDA did that when you changed batteries in it.

Regards,
EktarEd

o

I have a Philips Model no. 27PT543S37A 27'' color tv that just went out all of a sudden the other night. All it does now is the green power light comes on and nothing else. You can use the remote to turn the tv off and on but nothing else. This happened the other night while my wife was watching it. Help.

o

I have a Magnavox Model RR1948 C401-- Chassis # 19y1x3-00AA

The TV was working fine, I left the room, when I came back it had turned off. It will not come on now at all no clicking no nothing, any Ideas?

o
Magnavox tv RX4035

I'm hoping what I put in the subject line is the model number. It looks like the tv I have is about 15 years old. I'm trying to figure out how to plug a vcr into the tv, but I can't find any kind of audio/video plug in. Can you help?

o

Interesting question for anyone able to help. I have a magnavox Model no. 25TR12 C221 and a Chassis model no. 25X601-00AA manufactured february 1997 and serial number 66745089.

The problem is that the TV was showing horizontal wavy strips cascading down the screen when there was input (used a vcr connected by standard coax. The menu screens looked fine except for a waviness in the picture (moving vertically downward but a left to right waviness)("bad"). After opening the back of the TV, I noticed that resistor R432 was burnt and after replacing that the problem did not improve. After turning off the TV and turning it back on, it now only displays a single horizontal line with no vertical deflection whatsoever("worse"). I made no other changes than R432 and between the first time turning it on and the second, I did nothing to the TV and yet it went from "bad" to "worse."

Is the problem related to the R432 and C432 replacement that Pee Wee had mentioned previously? I replaced R432, but not C432...Should I do that? Please let me know if anyone can tell me what other parts may be bad that would need replaced. Hopefully it is something simple.

Thank you,
ZucchiniFirefly

o

Model 7P5433 W101 Chassis model PTV775-AH01 Rear projection tv

I was watching tv when it made a POP! I heard a humming noise and the screen went black. I took the back off and it was dusty, very dusty. Got it blew out, checked the 1 fuse I could find. All the connections look ok, nothing seems to be leaking. Aby idea before i try to load this big boy up and pay $$$ at a repair shop. It simple wont do any thing but show the power light for a sec when I turn it on.
Debbee

o
Phillips # 19PS45S301

Hi,

I am really bumbed out that I see so many complaints about Phillips TV's. This was bought because it was supposed to be a reliable name. Anyway, a few days ago I started having the screen flash like static was causing it to do so. Then, last night it just quit the picture like I had gone off of cable. Called the cable and they say nothing is wrong on their end. Went through all the settings and everything seems to be set right. Checked all the connections and then changed batteries in remote. NOTHING! Just a snowy screen, no sound no nothing! We bought this tv in 2003. It was mfg'd in 2002 according to the label on back. So, what happened? I feel it is worthless to replace parts as the cost would come close to a new tv. This is only a 19 inch color. Should I just replace it or try to get it fixed? Sounds like these tv's are a rip off. I have a little Alaron 5" b/w that is still running great and I bought it 8 years ago!

Jeanne

o

Magnavox cct192at02 tv/vcr combo. If you go to turn the tv on it stays on for literally 1 second and shuts itself back off. If you press the power button over and over it stays on a blue screen but as soon as you stop it shuts off again. I've been told it may need a new resistor. Any ideas?

o

I have a phillips 27 in. model # 27PT6442/37. Its only a year old. The Tv all of a sudden does not even turn on anymore with either the remote or the power button on the tv. there is not even a click or any noise when trying to power on the tv. I dont know anything about tv repairs so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

o
Magnavox 5' Color AC/DC- Model #RD0510 C103

Hello, What a very nice thing you are doing here. Thank you so very much for your expert advice and time spent helping others.

The TV manufacture date is Feb. 93 and up until a couple months ago I had no problems with it as we only used it when we went traveling across State with the kids 4 or 5 times a year.

The last time we traveled I set up the TV as usual and the Auto Search/Tuning line kept going back and forth across the screen.

When we got home I took it to a local TV Repair Shop and the gentleman told me the part that was needed to replace the Auto Search/Tuning was way too expensive and told me because of the expense, he didn't even bother ordering it as it would be cheaper to buy a new portable TV.

I took the TV to a much larger Repair Facility. I finally received a call from them after having my TV almost a month.
The Tech told me he wasn't able to find the part.

Is all this true? Would it be less expensive just to purchase a new portable TV?
Again, Thank you so much for your time.
Amity

o

Correction with the title on previous post:
The TV is a Color 5 INCH, not Foot. *smile*

o

I Have a MS3650C129 that when hooked up to our sat. we loose the picture and sound after about 5 sec of powering up. I pulled it out and unhooked everything and plugged it in and it will show me snow and not loose the picture or shut off. Please HELP me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you sooooooo Much

o
Model MS3250 C121, CHASSIS # 32M8007603

When I turn on the TV, it shuts off. I keep repeating the process until it stays on longer each time until eventually it stays on. this process takes about 15-20 minutes. As its coming on the picture is shrinking in and out and than gets gray waves throughout. I can speed up the process by changing the channels back and forth. please help. i have been told by a friend that it may be the "on off module"?

o
Magnavox Model 55P8288 Chassis PTV910

Symptom: The remote that came with the TV doesn't work properly. Volume and Channel buttons work, but Menu Button doesn't work; however if you press the 'VCR Stop' button, the first page of the menu comes up.

Question: Is there a way to reset the remote, or a factory code to program the TV remote to operate the TV?

Thank you for your assistance.

o
Pee Wee Help Philips 32' TV TP3285 c121 chas 32K800 7591 Problem

Hi: Have a Philips 32" TV that when turning on by either the remote or the power button, the TV only flashes the on LED 4 times. 5 times if you push any other button on the TV! What is that code telling me to look for? Don't want to make it a boat anchor just yet of it! Would like to be able to fix it so it will turn on. Am a Mr fix it kind of guy and have only looked briefly at the mail board to see if anything looked wrong. Fuse looked OK but was a hurried look. Will investagate longer next time "in". Mod TP3285 C121 main board i think is 32K800 7591 buile April 2001. Thanks, Curt...

o
Magnavox Tv Problems 9P6031C102

Color is faded I want to brighten and perhaps realign guns. Any suggestions for me. Also, I can't find a service manual.

o
25TR12 c121; chassis 50678101

my vertical hold is pretty much gone. when i turn on the tv, it has no vertical hold for about 20-30 minutes. after that, it might hold until the background picture changes. that might set off the vertical hold again.

the picuture is also bigger than the 25 inches, so i lose some in the margins.

can you please help?

o
RE: Philips/Magnavox Tv 27PT6442/37 LO4.1U AA

12 months of use, then NO POWER. The Line Fuse (T4E250V) is definitely blown. I can change the fuse - but what else is wrong that caused it to blow? What is the proper repl. fuse type?
Class Action seems to be indicated!

o

Please help I have a philips big screen model # 55pp935217 chaisis # dptv310 I shut the tv off by the tv remote instead of the cable remote went to turn the tv back on screen is showing program list av1- av2 -av3 and cvi dewey tried pushing every button on the remote i cant get out of the program mode to get back into cable A cable person came over to check it its definetely in the tv itself please help this is driving me crazy Thank you so much for your time

o
magnavox 7p6041 c101 ptv 780 ah01 Philips/Magnavox Tv Problems ?

Pee Wee, i need your help!!!

magnavox 7p6041 c101 ptv 780 ah01

i recently purchased a magnovox 60in rear projection from a charity for 160$, brought it home and the picture was less than desirable. so i did some digging and thought i needed to clean the lenses and such. opened it up and there was smoke residue all over inside. cleaned it up nice and noticed some additional gunk under the blue lens. popped that out and oops. coolant all over the mother board.
cleaned that up somewhat, put new coolant in and now the piture is funny.
Funny:
entire picture is up about 5 inches or so.
blue is up and to the right
the bottom of the picture is curled up especially at the edges.
any suggestions? any and all help would be appreciated. if it didn't work we were just going to consider the purchase price a donation, but now that i cleaned it all and carried it up the stairs, i have second thoughts.

thank you very much !!!

o
Magnavox CP4771 A104 ,Chassis 27T101

PeeWee
As if you aren't busy enough answering all the problems, I was hoping you could help me with mine. (Sure appreciate all the effort and time you put in helping folks).
My set went dead and I tracked down and replaced a fried H.O.T. Q502. The set worked great for 4 days and then shut down. I can get it to restart after trying several times, but now all I get it a single Horizontal Line in the center of the tube and only 2 volts at TP5 (should be 26 volts) feeding the vertical circuits and only 125 volts at TP7 (200 volts) to the CRT board, however nothing changes if I disconnect J603 to the CRT. Looks like the problem went from the H.O.T. to the vertical unless the vertical caused the H.O.T. to blow originally (?) or is it possibly the flyback. The set stays on some times and sometimes it shuts down. I haven't left it on very long for fear of burning the tube.
Can you advise?
Thanks,
Vic

o

follow up to my prior post. just this morning began the process of turning on television dozens of times before it finally stays on. this time the power went off and i heard a steday rhythmic chirping sound coming from inside the tv. did not smell anything burning. i unplugged it and plugged it back in, same noise and power button will do nothing. i have it unplugged because of risk of fire or something. please help!!!

When I turn on the TV, it shuts off. I keep repeating the process until it stays on longer each time until eventually it stays on. this process takes about 15-20 minutes. As its coming on the picture is shrinking in and out and than gets gray waves throughout. I can speed up the process by changing the channels back and forth. please help. i have been told by a friend that it may be the "on off module"?

o

You are going to have to learn to start your own posts rather than tagging onto others. You will never get an answer here.

o
Philips TV Model #27PT543S37A Chassis #L01.1U

Pee Wee

Problem: TV will come on normally, stay on for a few seconds, then make a humm/buzz/click noise then the TV appears to go dead (no power, & no audio). The green power-on light stays on. There is no bliking light; just constant green power light. If I hit the channel up/down button, or power off then back on, it will power up again then go dead as before.
When the set is cold, I can sometimes get it to stay on for up to 15 minutes by adjusting the screen adjustment on the Flyback Transformer, but once it warms up it's back to shutting down every couple of seconds.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Chuck

o
model 26mf605w/17 ser# bz000525370693

Hi PeeWee, I have a lcd hdtv that's 4 months old and it has an intermittent problem,6 times max.
When I turn it on I get audio but no video as if the backlight isn't on,turning it off then on has corrected the problem....so far.
The deadline for labor on the warranty has expired, so I was hoping that if it did eventually quit that it was something I could fix, any ideas?

o
Magnavox ptv835

The tv all of the sudden would not show a picture. The screen is completely black; although the power light is on. I can use the remote to power the tv on and off. Anthing that I click from the remote allows the green power light to blink. Also there is no sound. The tv is about 7 years old. Please Help

o
Philips TV Problems......it's dead..HELP!!!!

Philips 27' TV, Model No. 27PT543S37A, Chassis Model No. L01.1U AC-7638

Lately, I have had to power on and off my TV 3+ times before the picture finally catches. Now, just this morning I went to turn it on and it clicked once with green light on and off and I tried again and I got nothing...... I mean no light no sound no click... I got zip.....

What might be wrong with the TV and can it be fixed? Cost? This set is only 2-3 years old. Please help ASAP.

Its March Madness!!!!!!!

Thanks

o

I saw your response to a similar problem with another model, and hope it's as easy to fix with mine...

Thin horizontal colored lines on a black screen. On the far left side, a bright vertical streak. The sense is that the whole image is piled up into that vertical streak, though that may be the function of an overactive imagination.

Everything else works fine.

MODEL: HD2518 C122
Ser: 8150 1386
Chassis: 25B800-7562

o

I am having a Magnavox TV horizontal problem. My set has perfect sound but the horizontal hold seems to be going out, on rare occasions it works fine, but most times it seems to be trying to get a lock. The Model number is TS2760 C207 and the chasis number is 27E508-00AA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

o
Model: TP3285 C121; Chassis 32K800 7591

Pee Wee,

Like some of the other folks who have posted messages to you, today I was watching my TV just fine, turned it off to complete some home repair work I'm doing, and when I turned the set back on its audio was normal, but its video display was grey, pink, or teal (varied each time I turned it on but grey was most often the color of choice) with white lines running across the screen in a diagnol (sp.) pattern.

Do the symtopms I describe seem consistent with a need to open the TV up and replace the 1/3 10 ohm resistor with a 1/2 10 ohm resistor? Your feedback is much appreciated.

o

Pee-Wee,

Thanks a lot. Tried your recommendation today and it worked like a charm. You likely saved me at least $50 - if not far more. Anyone who has similar problems to what I described on 04-09-06 - Pee Wee's trick with the R3340 resistor works great.

o

Hello, I am a broke college student with a broken tv and I am looking for a way to fix it. It is a Magnavox smart series mt201331/17. The problem is after turning it on the screen starts to focus in and the colors become a little distorted and it turns back off. The tv is only a few months old and I bought it for my college dorm room. Being a broke college student and good with my hands I was wondering if there is any way to fix it. Please post back or email me @ rgeremia@ksc.mailcruiser.com with any information that you can provide me with. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide me with.
thanx
Ricky Geremia

o
model - 7p5433 w102 chassis - ptv775-ah01

Pee Wee,
I am looking for the value of the D910 diode on the GR7D Large Signal board. Also if you know where I could find a copy of the schematic for this tv, it would also be usefull. Thank you, Wil

o

I have a 54" projection tv and there is way too much Red
the model # 6p5435 W101
the chasis # is PTV740-AH01

When I had the the darker screen off i could see that the blue and green light were a solid color vs the red was like all over the place an pixiated dont know if that helps but everything is red thanks for all the help.

o
Model # TS2779 C221 / Chassis # 27K800 7591

Hello Pee Wee,

My name is Frank and I am hoping you can help me fix my TV.

The Syptoms are simple, the TV turns on but turns itself off with six or seven seconds. The only picture displayed is light grey with vertical white lines. This picture grows increasingly brighter untill it eventually shuts off.
I have been looking at the insides of the TV but I am not sure where the problem lies. If you could direct me in the right direction hopefully I can fix or replace the problem.

Thank you for your time,

Frank

o
Phillips Magnavox 60' #9P6031 C103

Pee Wee Please Help!

We have a new baby in the house and don't have $500 to shell out to fix our tv! It is a Phillips Magnavox 60' projection tv model #9P6031 C103. What happens is the screen turns pink and gets sqiggly lines going back and forth across the screen horizontally. Then after a few minutes the screen fades to white and then blacks out. The sound is still ok. It started several months ago and only happened once in a while. It has gotten progressively worse to the point where it happens as soon as we turn the tv on. Please Help!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

o
Philips model 27PS55S/321

Pee Wee,

The tv picture is displayed beyond the horizontal viewable limits. Is there anyway to adjust this like you can on a CRT computer monitor? Also, when watching a movie in widescreen mode (16:4), the top and bottom edges of the "letterbox" about two to three inches from the left/right edges of the picture curve up on the top and down on the bottom. Is there an adjustment to make it more straight?

o

i can not get my magnavox to stop changing the station it is going through all of the stations and no matter what button i push nothing stops it from changing stations please help

o

Hello Pee Wee,

I have Magnavox TV that is having some sound issues. Model # is TS2746 C221 Chasis #25F800 7583. TV works fine but there is no volume. Whenever you increase or decrease the volume the volume is stuck at #18. Though it says 18 I can't hear any sound at all. I have tried changing the settings from the Setup menu but don't seem to have any luck. Please help.

o

Help...

Not sure about model or chasis

I have a Magnavox tv lately, I have had to power on and off 3+ times before the picture finally catches. The first time, the picture comes in fuzzy for a second and then disappears. I then shut the TV off and turn it on again for a second time.

Now when my tv is plugged in all I get is a sound like a squeeky wheel turning. Left unplugged for several days (to see if this helps) but still just getting the squeeky wheel sound and no picture.

Any ideas ?

o
Philips Model 32PT81S127/Chassis 32H8007592

From what I've read so far, this may be stuck in demo mode - I'm not sure. The TV symtoms are: Turns itself on / raises volume by itself / front red light next to "ON/OFF" button flashes constantly / runs thru menu commands on the screen by itself / changes & flips thru the different sources, again by itself. Unfortunately, this model does not have any controls on the box, so everything must go thru the remote control. I can't even find any information online for this model, so I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer. My email - evans9598@adelphia.net - Thanks!

o

My daughter's philips 32pt6441/37 has the power off problem. With
information from this site first the resistor on the crt
circuit board was replaced with no change.
Then I ordered the Horizontal Driver Transistor Repair Kit
from Tritronics. When I received their shipment, the
transistor was missing from the kit. The kit consists of a
transformer, several resistor and in a static-resistant bag
showing philips part number 934054713215, identified in the
included installation note as the SMD Field Effect Transistor.
But instead of the transistor, only a small piece of spring
like metal with an even smaller piece of plastic attached to
it is found. I called Tritronics and was told that the missing
part would be shipped right away. After waiting for a week I
received another complete Kit, but the transistor was not
there just the same thing as before.
I found on the web PartStore.com who carries the same kit, and
for a lower price and also lower shipping charge. I placed the
order and wanted to explain to them the problem with this
particular kit, but there was not an area for comments or a
way to add a message. So then I called them on the phone an
explained that I just placed an order for the kit and my
concerns with the missing transistor, the person person said
that there would be no problem with the kit. I received the
shipment today and as you guessed it; the transistor is not
present. Immediately called PartStore and was told that other
than authorizing the return of the shipment there was nothing
they could do.
I find this hard to believe being that they most likely buy a
quantity of parts from philips and should be able to get the
missing part. I guess this is the kind of service that is
available now.
Needless to say, at this time I am extremely dissapointed, and
unable to repair my daughter's tv set which has been down for
over a month now.
Does anyone knows the transistor part number? Not the useless
philips number, (the PartStore person stated that they did not
know it) or a substitute that would work ok on this set?
Any assistance in the solution of this problem would be
greatly appreciated. Thank You.

o
magnavox TP2781 c101 chassis 27D700-7570

When I push the power button (remote or on-TV) I get no picture, no sound. The power light blinks a few times, but that is the only response. Thanks for any help!
model TP2781 c101
chassis 27D700-7570

o
Sheila - (shebenn@aol.com) Phillips 32' TV problem

My 2 - 1/2 yr old Phillips 32" tv is not working. Last week, the tv would make a shrill humming noise then the picture would slowly shrink and go away. At first, I was able to turn the tv back on.
Now the tv will make a noise as if it is going to turn on (when I try to turn it on)and the picture will look distorted then turn off. The screen is now completely black and their is no audio from the tv or noise. However, the green on light stays on. It was also difficult to turn the tv off for a few months. I am not sure if this is when the problems began.

Is this issue repairable, and what do I need to do?
Chassis # L01-1UAC-7638
Model # 32PT563S37G
Thanks for your help.

o
re: philips/magnavox 27tsc6-2102 ,chasis 27b511-ooaa

Hi Pee Wee, maybe you can help me with a power problem. It's an older model Mag. that will not power up at all. It has a black screen, no sound, no HV and no green light. I do hear a low volume whine from the swithched power supply area and get some voltages around the power rectifier diodes but thats all. Is it worth resurrecting or will it take parts only available from Philips?? Any help would be appreciated (wish there were still SAMS photo facts).

o

I'm hoping you can help me. Model #: TP3285 C129, manufactured in 2000. I had no problems previously, and then when I went to turn it on last night, I had sound, but the screen was white with lines going through it. Also, it automatically shuts off after 10 seconds. Can it be repaired? What do I need to have replaced?
Thanks!

o
Model number32PT81 S127 and chassis 1611 I 251B

when I turn my tv off it automatically turns back on. And the volume either goes directly up or down with the power button flashing. When it started it eventually stopped the volume up/down and power off/on and was fine. but now it constantly does them both now. Volume up or down and TV won't turn off. My warranty has expired as I bought the TV in 2002. I just had a baby girl so finances are tight. I was hoping this could be an easy or simple thing to fix. So I searched google and found your site. Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Cujobuck

o

Hi! I have a Philips 42pf7320a/37. When I turn it on it works fine for about two minutes, then the screen goes dark and begins to flicker off and on while I hear a clicking noise from inside the set. After about two more minutes everything stops while an LED on the front of the set flashes. The pattern is 5 long flashes followed by three short flashes, then it repeats. Can you help?

o

I have a Philips Magnavox TV - Model #TP3285 C129
Chassis 32K8007591

The tv screen has gone completely black with no picture or sound.

The led beside the power on button is not working as well.

When I use the the remote to power the tv on, all I hear is a clicking sound from the tv.

The tv is about 6 years old.

Please Help

o
Magnavox Model # MS3252 5431 Chassis: is Blank, no info

My Maganavox TV is dead...all of a sudden it wouldn't turn on. No Light, no audio, no picture..no click...nothing to give me a sign that it is on or is getting power. What could it be? It is only 4 years old. I did notice that for a few months it started to have a problem turning on... I would hit the power button on the remote.. and it would take a few seconds to come on..or I would have to hit the button a coule times for the green power light to flick on...but other than that it has been good.

Please help...I can't afford another TV ;(

Im pretty handy repairing things...anyone have any ideas? my email is 00_Georgina@Excite.com

o
Correction: Magnavox Model # MS3252S431 Chassis: LO1-1U AC-7638

Correction: Magnavox Model # MS3252S431 Chassis: LO1-1U AC-7638 Date: May 2003 ~ The TV is "Dead" - will not turn on at all.

My Maganavox TV is dead...all of a sudden it wouldn't turn on. No Light, no audio, no picture..no click...nothing to give me a sign that it is on or is getting power. What could it be? It is only 3 years old. I did notice that for a few months it started to have a problem turning on... I would hit the power button on the remote.. and it would take a like 6-10 seconds to come on..or I would have to hit the button a couple times for the green power light to finally flick on...but other than that it has been good.
Please help...I can't afford another TV ;(

Im pretty handy repairing things...anyone have any ideas? my email is 00_Georgina@Excite.com

o

Phillips TS2779C121. The set powers up, but just shows a white screen with diagnal lines about 1 inch a part and dropping an inch across teh screen. No sound or reaction to the channel buttons or menu buttons. The power light does flicker when I press the menu buttons.
The set is now clean inside, and I've checked the curcuit board for any obvious burns or bad solder.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

o

Never mind! After searching through more of this forum, I found someone else who had the same problem, and you already diagnosed it. I checked the 10 ohm resistor on the picture tube circuit board, and it was open. It is now replaced, and the TV is back alive.

Thanks for your help....although there goes my reason for the HDTV replacement.

o
Philips model # TP3285C129 / Chasis # 32K8007591

TV turns on with sound but the screen is just
gray with white horizontal lines and after 10
seconds it automatically shuts off. Any help
would be great, thanks

o

I have a 52" phillips hd projection screen tv, I don't know the model numbers or anything like that. the symptoms are I guess kinda the same as mrmudd1979 (My Page) on Sat, Apr 15, 06 at 23:05. I have had to converge my red and blue in the multipoint convergence. At the bottom of the screen, you can still see red and green because the picture is wavy, on the top, you can still see that the red is still not converged in the corners because it looks like that the picture is being pulled into the corners of the screen. I want to know what the problem is and what causes it (even if it's multiple things that can cause this problem). I also would like to know if it is a fixable problem and about how much it would cost to get it fixed, or what I would need to fix it and how much the part would cost. Thanx for the help.

o
Philips Magnovox 26' LCD - 26mf605w/17

Hi PeeWee, I have a lcd hdtv that's less than 2 months old and it has an on-going problem. When I turn it on I get audio but no video the screen lights up, but no image or display options (channel in corner, volume bar). It used to work if I turned it off and on, then it would go for a little while, then the picture would go.. now it won't show video at all, just audio. any thing you could tell me would help tremendously! (I bought this second hand and don't have warranty, but would like to get it fixed.. if it's worth it)

Thanks! Jeff

o

We have a MS3252 s431 when you turn it on the power light comes on but screen is black. when you press other buttons,channel up/down or volume up/down some times the screen will appear scrambled and other times it will turn off. sometimes pressing these other buttons the set will turn back on.this goes on for about 20 mins. keep pressing the buttons and the picture will come on then the set turns off. turning it back on a few times and the set works fine like it should. is this 3year old set worht fixing? please help

o

Hello,
I have a '96 magnavox 25tr12 c221, chassis 25x601-00AA,
which still has a decent picture but must be autoprogrammed every time I use it.

Is this because I use an antennae rather than cable, and so it does not receieve a continous signal? or is there some memory function that is not working properly?

thank you

o

Pee Wee

I appreciate your time and any advise you may have.

I have Model TS2754 C101. We were watching the idiot box when the picture went out and the sound stayed on. The red led power light was blinking steadily, every .5 seconds. We turned off the set and tried turning it back on but the screen stayed off and the sound on. We let is sit for about 10 minutes and tried again with success. The set ran for another 3 days with no problems. Recently we tried to turn it on and we now get no picture and no sound. The led power light comes on for 1/2 a second with one click sound and then shuts off. I pulled the cover and examined the board, fuse, and anything that looked fried with no avail. Looked for maybe a bad relay but it seems that a logic signal/or lack of is tripping a relay right away. Any ideas???

thanks

o
Model TS2554 Chassis 25B800-7562

Reposting, I did not see this tread until I posted above:
I've had this TV since 1998. Today I turned it on, and the green power light is flashing. The screen is black with two horizontal lines in the center. The sound is working fine. I think something smells burned inside (I unplugged it). Any suggestions?

o

I have a Philips 25ts56 c121 tv. it shuts down at turn on. looking inside there is a burned part Ref# 5342 on CRT PCB.
Any ifromation would help. Is this a resistor? could my Vert IC TDA6107Q also be bad?

o
Philips/Magnavox 9P6031C Tv Problems

Can anyone give me some help with a Magnavox 60'? I turn it on and all I hear is a click. The 'green' power indicator stays on but nothing happens. I turn it off and on several times. Eventually the sound begins and a picture very small in size appears. Color is off and picture looks like a 'negative' image. After the T.V. warms up, the picture becomes larger and clearer. Getting much worse. Any help out there would be very much appreciated.
mommab

o

From the looks of things, I think Pee Wee had to get back to his other real job, and who can blame him. He owns this board. He was working a second job on this site!! Maybe we just need to take poor troubled tubes to a repairman and throw some words around like "23uCB resistor on the CRT board" and bluff him that we KNOW it's not a $100.00 repair job, but rather a simple, small piece of metal with a rubber tip that cost $3.00 to replace. Who knows we might just get lucky and end up only paying $35.00- $40.00. I have learned alot on this board tonight and one of them is NOT to get another Philips/Magnavox. May it rest in Pieces!

o
Philips/Magnavox 50' Projection model # 9P5034 C103 serial #45339

Pee Wee, I bought this TV new in 2000. One month ago when I started to turn my TV on it would start up real small and fuzzy and as the TV warmed up the picture would bounce back and forth from big to small and get more clear and full size. As time went on it would do this but would take longer to achieve a full picture. Now it will not produce a picture or sound when turned on. All that comes on is the green power button. Any suggestions? Thanks

o

Model Number 9P6040 C101
Manufactured September 1999
Phillips Magnavox 65" TV

Hi Peewee I was looking to see if you could anwser a question about my TV. The color on the TV is cloudy there is also a thin boarder along the boarder of the TV not really noticable unless you switch channels and in that pause of switching channels you see a grimy green boarder running along the boarder. It is sometimes harder to read smaller text. There is cloudy/foggyness over a lot text. Like for example when you see the word TOP GUN on the screen and everything behind it is black there is a cloudiness around the boarder of the letters that is visable. I messed with some of the color settings to try to make it better but it doesnt seem to help much. Is this a fixable problem? can I fix it? or do I need someone to fix it for me? and how much will it run? thanks for all your help id really apprciate any help you can give me. please email me at Erfanharoon@yahoo.com if you have any suggestions or know what the problem might be. Im in college and preety handy with my hands so any suggestiosn would be great... thanks again

o
model#43PP920217 chassie# DPTV305

muiltipoint digital convergence will not line up with red on top and bottom.

o
Model# TP3281 C101 Chasis# 32D700 7570

My TV turned off by itself and will not turn back on. Not with the remote, or the power button on the TV. There is no green light, no picture, or sound. There was an odd odor, but not too strong, and there was a very faint ticking sound if I put my ear very close to the back of the set. I read all of these posts and it sounds like it might be a burned capacitor. I took the back off and discharged the tube so I could look around. I didn't see anything that looked burnt. Please let me know of any suggestions. Thank you!!

o

I posted the previous message. I looked one last time and I found the culprit. A burnt capacitor at 2633 (821 @2KV). I will order it and replace. Thanks for helping everyone on this board!!

o

I wanted to respond to what lextalionis said in regards to his 1994 Magnavox TV. We are experiencing the EXACT same problems. We can even watch DVD or videos without any trouble. However, watching cable channels causes the black screen to appear within two-ten seconds. Did you ever find a solution to this? If so, PLEASE let me know!! Thank you!
It's nice to know you're not alone!!

o
RE: Magnavox Mod # TS2560 B101; Chassis Mod # 25E503-00AA

My set was manufactured in Aug, '94/
I know that I blew my little 5" X 1" PC board that has all the function buttons, ie, volume, on/off, channell up/down, menu.
because I accidentally touched a metal (copper) wire to it while the TV was plugged in, but not on- there was a spark/short, and all is inoperable now regarding that board.

All I have is Phillips consumer Div in Knoxville, TN so how do I order a new board for this model - I can install it ok, even though I sound like a clumsy hacker.

o
model # 9p6040 c102

I Have Been Told That The Green Gun (crt) For
Model # 9p6040 c102 Is No Longer Available. I Find That Hard To Believe For A Tv that Is 6 Years Old. Could You Help Me Find Or Order One. Your Time Is Greatly Appretiated.
Thank You
Dave

o

Model#25TS56 C121 Serial#22837581 Chasis#25F800 7583
It has been blinking back and forth from color to b&w for about a month. The last couple of days it has only been b&w. Do you have any ideas what is going on? I hope its only a chip that went bad.

Thank you
Matt

o
Philips/Magnavox Model # TP3285 C129, Chassis # 32K800 7591

Hello Pee Wee,

I have this Philips Magnavox tv that works ok except the menu, volume, and channel does not display. They don't display when channging the volume, change channel, or going into menu. One other problem thats not that big of a deal is when you use the picture in picture function it does not stay still it moves down threw the picture. It then comes from the top and moves down and disapers at the bottom and repeats.

Please Help!!!
Dante

o
Model 7P5433 W101

Pee Wee,

A few months ago my Magnavox started acting up. The picture is about half of the vertical height, and the colors are off - like they are mixed. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

o

Pee Wee,

My brother-in-law gave me his 65inch Philips Magnavox TV and when we have the TV on there seems to be a faint pink blur going from the top/middle down to the center of the screen and stops there. We moved it here from his house 15min away. They said it might've been because of moving it and bumping it around a little. Maybe the bulbs or whatever inside the TV moved around. I don't know what model it is, anyway I can check it in the settings? Thanks!

James

o

I have a Philips Magnavox TV - Model #TP3285 C121

The tv screen has gone completely black with no picture or sound.

The led beside the power on button is not working as well.

When the power is connected with the TV I hear a clicking sound from the tv. There is no response / clicking sound for the remote or for the power button of the TV.

Please suggest the areas/parts that need to be checked.

Thanks for your help.

o
Model RR1939-C421 Chassis # 194400-00AA

This is and older model. What occurred was over xmas the set was unplugged. When the TV was plugged back in you all the channels were activated and it cannot be reprogrammed to only show active TV stations. We have attempted an auto scan = it finds them but still shows all channel when you change channels. I cannot locate a manual to attempt to fix this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

o

dear mr.pee wee
i have an old magnavox t.v. model#27TSC6 2104
chassis #27B517-00AA
i have it for over 12 years now.one day when i was watching it, the screen blacked out.then this noise came out of the speakers.it stays on with the screen blacked out and the sound changing constently in volume.
could you please help me?

o

dear Pee Wee
i have and old philips magnavox tv
type No : a48krd89x03
part No : 9322-132-79682
SDI : 9 0 4 24 3888(2)
the problem with my TV is that it turns of everytime there a really bright color showing on TV for example
i'm playing Army of Two and theres a part when brightness is needed to be a little high and when it is, it turns off on its own.
also when i watch regular channels, like yellow, if it bright it turns off.
can you please help me.

o

Model # TP3684 C102
Chassis # 36G700 7585

Hi PeeWee
I have a Philips/Magnavox manufactured in 2000. When turned on its makes a loud popping sound. Screen is completely black and also no audio. If you or anyone can assist me it will be greatly appreciated.Trying to see if I can fix before having a costly repairman come into my home.

o
model: 6p544ow101 chassis: ptv745-ah01

Model: 6P544OW101
Chassis: PTV745-AH01
Serial: 60234604

The TV powers on fine but the picture is fuzzy and there is a high pitched buzzing sound that is intermittent. The screen, mirror, and lenses have been cleaned with ammonia free windex.

o
Model # 32PF7320A/37B Serial # 1R0544044116

Sorry, I could find no chassis # on my TV. When my 2 yr old Phillips TV is turned on, I get nothing but the menu screen. When I push the menu button, it will flash very briefly to the channel, but then it goes immediately back to the menu. I thought maybe the button on the remote is stuck, but when the menu button is pushed and held, the green light on the front of the TV flashes rapidly and stops flashing when the button is released. I have tried unplugging the TV, but when I plug it back in, it's still on the menu screen. Any ideas?

o

i have magnavox model #51mp392h/17 serial# ya1a0426068519 it looks like my colors are not lining up.

o

my tv model # is TS2556 C121, ser. # 39020109.
I just need to know if this set has an internal digital QAM tuner? Thank you.

o

In 2008 we purchased a Phillips Flat Screen LCD T. V. Mod#19PFL5422D/27. It was fine until August of 2010 when it began acting up. When attempting to turn it on it would stay on for a minute or two then we would loose sound but the picture would remain. When turned off the power light remained on for 3 to 4 minutes before it would shut off. When attempting to turn on again a loud shrillo squeel would come from the set. Again attempting to turn off the power light remained on . It usually takes 4 or 5 attempts until it will stay on. Tried un plugging and waiting but this too did not work. Called customer service, (India) and after getting advice of things I already tried he gave me a number he said was a few miles from me but was actually hundreds of miles away in New England. Number was not in service. Contacted the Georgia Atty. Generals office in Atlanta where Phillips based out of, also the Penna. Atty. Generals office where I live and the Better Business Bureau along with a local consumer reporter from T.V. I want there heads!!

o
Magnavox Tv Problems 15MF605T/17

I have a magnavox 15MF605T/17 hdtv/monitor, everything works great except the pip. Maybe its just i don't know how to use it. I was hopeing to use my pc and have the tv on screen at the same time. When it hit the pip button nothing happen on the screen. What can you tell me? Thanks Big Guy

o

Have magnavox tv model #6P6030 W101 with serial #66259246. Have sound but the picture is now black! All the picture tubes - red, blue & green have been replaced! Any information would be helpful! Thank You! Also the tv will turn on/off with no problems! As of today everything was working just fine!

o

Magnavox 42 inch model #42MFS210/37.After turning it on it made a popping sound picture would go out and a few seconds later would come on then work fine but it eventually one day went to turn it on and nothing light wont come on picture wont can hear a slight hum but nothing.Help.

o

Bought a PL9127C121 huge heavy tv. Very happy with it. No remote for it, and no "hidden panels" anywhere on tv to tune channels. When I bring up Menu, all I get is CC - turn off/on, sleeptimer - turn off/on, and exit.
how do I add channels without a remote? My universal remote will pull up the menu also, but same options listed - am I just dumb? thanks so much!

o

My Philips Model#30pw850h37a...Chassie#em1.2vaa...Aug.2003
the screen is bowing in on each side as soon as the set warms up.It does it in any of the screen configurations albeit to different degrees.If you can give me some idea as to the problem I can decide whether to get it fixed or not. Thank you for your assistance.

o

Turn power on stays on for a min or 2 then shuts down.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here