Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trutech remote codes?

Posted by cade (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 08 at 21:11

I had Verizon FIOS installed today and the guy couldn't program the remote for the set top box. He couldn't find the 4 digit code on his list. He also did the manual scan throught the tv to find it and it never came up. It's a Trutech from Target. The model number of the tv is a PVS 2119 19" lcd tv/dvd combo. Anyone have any ideas or codes? Any info greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trutech remote codes?

No idea myself :). But a quick search found this thread: http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?3474,3

Post 48 and 54 seem to have an answer for the 19" set, although they are different! Seems like many companies make TVs/DVD players for target which private brands them. So if the above does not work, you need to find out who made the TV and try their codes (the previous pages to above link name some).

Good luck.

o

amirm, Thanks for the link. I've been to that one already. I thought maybe they would have some generic code for oddballs like this TV.

o

Oh, sorry about that :). No, there is no generic code. The key is to find out who made the TV for Target. Can you look in the back for any markings of the manufacturer? Once you find that, then you can try out their codes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here