Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dvd player and direct tv

Posted by dkrizzle (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 10, 07 at 20:32

I have a bar with four plasma tv's. Each has it's own direct tv HD box. These are all located in a back room. I wanted to connect a dvd player that could send the same signal to all four tv's through the direct tv player. There are two coaxial inputs on the back of the direct tv box. Only one is being used by the dish on each box. I bought a box to change the output of the dvd from video to coax and then split the coax four ways and connected it to each direct tv box.
Now, I can't tune in the dvd player on any of the tv's. I don't know how to get direct tv to switch to this input.
Any help out there??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dvd player and direct tv

Go to THIS WEBSITE and see if this solves your problem.

o

Thank you, gilloz, that would do the trick. But, I was trying to avoid running more cables since the direct tv ones are already run to every tv. If I could get the box to carry the dvd signal, I would avoid having to run more cable as the space is rather large.

o

OK. I am trying to picture your setup. I am assuming you have one Dish antenna feeding 4 HD Direct boxes, is that right?
I thought that the Direct TV required one LNA/LNB per box. Is there a TIVO in this mix at all? When you say an HD box, are we talking about a Direct TV receiver? I was trying to draw a block diagram of your setup to get a better understanding of what it is you have in your setup. Set me straight here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here