Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
philips magnavox 32' crt tv has no power

Posted by lonb (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 12, 09 at 20:00

My 10 yr old Philips Magnavox 32" CRT TV Model TS3254 C101 does not power up no more. There is no power at all, no green light, no sound, no picture. It doesn't do a thing when trying to turn it on. It gets power through the cord. The fuse looks good. I see no melted/burned up resistors or capacitors. There are very faint burn marks by some resistors. This has been a great tv until now. What could be the problem? And could I fix it?
Thanks,
Lon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: philips magnavox 32' crt tv has no power

IF YOU CHECKED THE FUSES ALREADY , THEN IT MUST BE A OPEN COMPONENT , MOST LIKLY YOUR FLYBACK AND YOUR HORIZONTAL TRANSISTOR M WHICH ARE THE PARTS WITH MORE STRESS , BUT IF YOUR LED ON THE FRON T IS NOT ON . DO YOU HEAR A RERAY CLICKING WHEN YOU PLUG IN THE TV . OR WHEN YOU PRESS THE POWER BUTTON .?
MARCO

o

Marco,
Thank you for the reply. There is no LED light. There is no relay clinking when plugging in or when the power button is turned on. It does nothing. I've read about the flyback going bad, what does that look like and can I test it with a multimeter? Can I test the horizontal transistor M also?
Thanks,
Lon

o

Well I guess this TV will be a giant door stop now. I wish I would be able to fix it but I guess that's not in the cards. Thanks anyways,
Lon

o

Hi Guys,

Looks like my TV has a similar problem that marco6171 was describing..

I have a 32" Philips Magnavox (TS3258 C101), Chassis Model 32D700-7570, Manufactured Dec '98

I have been using this for last 10 years, and it stopped working suddenly.

When I turn on the TV (front button), nothing happens, no green LED, no sound, no picture.. As long as it is plugged into the wall, it makes very low audible tic tic tic sound (is it relay click ?).

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix it...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here