Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DVD Recording w/ a Converter Box

Posted by lawyerguy (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 8, 09 at 19:23

I have a converter box that is hooked up to a recordable DVD player that is hooked up to the t.v. While we can still watch dvd's I haven't been able to figure out how to record from the t.v. to the dvd player with the addition of the converter box. When we try to record, the show is snowy. Can anyone assist? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DVD Recording w/ a Converter Box

Using yellow/red/white cables, connect the outputs of the DTV box to the inputs of the DVD recorder.

Switch the input selection on the DVD recorder from tuner to line input.

Select desired channel to be recorded with the DTV box.

Go into DTV box setup menu and turn off the auto shut-off feature.

Connect a coax cable from the output of the DTV box to the antenna input on your TV.

o
RE: DVD Recording w/ a Converter Box

Keep in mind, however, that you will not be able to watch one channel and record another. This is -- and always has been -- a problem with converter boxes.

If you're interested, it can be done, but it's more complicated. Get this working first before we move on to Plan B!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here