Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magnavox Plasma TV Model # 50mf 231/37

Posted by allen1324 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 8, 09 at 17:00

Power up problem: On pwr up the pwr lgt comes on, hear relays click - no audio or picture. Pwr lgt stays on.

Unplug and replug unit until audio and picture comes on - works normally from there, ususlly takes about six tries.

Occasionally the audio will come on without the picture. On occasion the picture will fill the screen and disappear again. Maybe relay points not making contact???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magnavox Plasma TV Model # 50mf 231/37

YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE POWER SUPPLY SOMO CAPASITORS ARE GETTING DRY AND ARE SHUTHING THE TV OFF . TWO CHOICES EITHER REPLACE THE POWER SUPPLY OR REPLACE THE CAPASITORS IF YOU CAN FIND THEM . I FIX ALO T OF THESE TVS FOR THIS PROBLEMS

HAVE YOU OPENED UP YET?

o
RE: Magnavox Plasma TV Model # 50mf 231/37

I have a 37mf331d37 magnavox that is doing the same thing basicly only it won't come back on just a green blinking light.can you tell me which caps need replaced? THANKS

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here