Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recomendations for Cordless phone w/answering machine

Posted by marys1000 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 27, 07 at 13:06

I have replaced the battery on my old Panosonic phone but despite trying to let the battery run down between recharging the quite new battery just doesn't want to hold a charge. I can talk about 15 minutes.
Also - it doesn't seem to want to seat right anymore and if I don't hear the beep, it won't ring or allow me to pick up a phone call.

So......any recommendations out there? I would like a built in answering machine.
Thanks,
Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recomendations for Cordless phone w/answering machine

I bought some philips cordless phones with the answering machine a while back. I think they're nice. 1.9Ghz so they dont bother wifi laptops was my initial main reason for buying.

They use regular old standard AAA NiMH rechargable batteries which you can buy replacements in most any drugstore for resonable money.. when they do poop out someday.
Standby time : 120 hours
Talk time : 10 hours

Only negative I see is they are tiny - but do work nifty for me, even on hands free speakerphone too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Philips DECT Phone/Answering machine

o
RE: Recomendations for Cordless phone w/answering machine

I recently got a VTECH cordless with answering machine. Mine also came with an optional second handset that only needed an electrical outlet, not a phone outlet.
Long life batteries, good range for wandering around, adjustable volume for when I'm in the shop.
It's 5.8GHZ. I'm not using WiFi, so I don't know if there's an interference issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here