Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
15 inch flat screen model 15pf5120/28: my tv's dark

Posted by quad2010 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 12, 10 at 12:54

I somehow changed my remote by mistake while sleeping.I guess the color or contrast button was pushed.The tv's dark but it has sound. Im not able to brigten it with the use of remote because I can't see the menu on screen when trying to change it to make it brighter. How can I brighten the tv without the use of a remote.It's practically new, model number 15pf5120/28. If there's anyone who can help, please respond. Is there a remote that I may purchase for this model with a key for brightening and darkening so that I don't have to find something that I can't see.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 15 inch flat screen model 15pf5120/28: my tv's dark

If you refer to "factory reset" on page 10 of the user manual, it shows the steps required to return your TV to the shipped from the factory settings. It should be possible to follow the steps without seeing a screen display as the cursor would normally start at the first option and be directed through certain exact steps as listed to the desired result.

Shut off the TV and pull the wall power plug for about ten minutes (while waiting extract the remote battery and give it a good rub with a tissue on both sides and then reinstall)then insert power plug again and set power switch to "ON" with green led confirmation.

Using the instructions and menu drawings on page 10 carefully step through the given sequence and hopefully things will return to normal.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: User manual

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here