Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I've got the Magnavox blues

Posted by pugnacious (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 13, 09 at 12:24

Got a magnajunk # 20mt1331/17. Last night the wife was watching tv (cable) and the reception was lost except for stations 1,2,3,4,5,6. All of which are the same station with no sound. Never had a station 1 before by the way. I have confirmed this wasn't a cable issue with another tv at that cable hookup and tried this tv at another cable source. This appears to be a different issue then every one else's magnavox problem's. Any idea's? Tuner kaput? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can't find a chassis number. Thanks in advance, Jim.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I've got the Magnavox blues

I want to add some info I forgot. It was manufactured in December 2006. The other stations are just snow, again with no sound.

o

It appears like the tuner has failed.

o
RE: I've got the Magnavox blues pt 2

Are you using a cable box or the cable ready tuner in the TV?

o

Cable directly into tv. It's strange that it shows the one station on 6 channels with no sound though. Thanks for your help.

o

Try unplugging the TV for about 5 minutes to reset any microprocessors and plug it back in.

If it still does the same, try autoprogramming the tuner again.

o

Well, I've all ready tried this. At this point, I'm thinking the tv is going to the curb. No more magnavox or phillips from here out I guess. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here