Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philips Magnavox Help

Posted by wireman121 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 17, 07 at 11:09

I have a Philips Magnavox Smart Series, Model Number 27TS54, Chassis number 27B800-7562. Problem is the TV will not turn on when pressing the power button. I wish I could be more descriptive, but I am getting no reaction out of the TV at all.

Thanks for any help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Philips Magnavox Help

When plugged in, I can hear a faint ticking sound...

o
RE: Philips Magnavox Help

OK, I opened the unit and can see and smell a burn mark on the circuit board near C423 and resistors R423 and R424 (which do not look damaged at all). The burn area on the circuit board extends in the general area of these three components. The components themselves do not look damaged at all, just burn marks around the circuit board in that general area. I measured the resistance of the 2 resistors and they are both measuring the correct resistance (supposed to be 100 Ohms, they are measuring 96 Ohms and 90 Ohms)

I am not sure how to check a capacitor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here