Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IPOD Docks throughout house......

Posted by ideamom (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 23, 07 at 10:39

I don't know if that is what it is called or not but on a decorating show I saw where they had installed something like a dock into a bathroom wall so that the client could put her ipod in the wall to play her ipod in the bathroom while showering or getting ready for work. I will be building a new home and would like to incorporate that in my home but don't know what it is called or who I would contact for such a thing...help please. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IPOD Docks throughout house......

it's a single docking station which feeds sound through pre wired audio throughout the home... inside or out. contact a home entertainment group... the same guys will install home alarms, surveillance, smart home technology etc... (at least the guys i found do.) good luck!

o

+1. And when you talk with those people, discuss the possibility of a home music server that then feeds whatever room you're in. That might be a better bet than moving an iPod from room to room.

o

Look into Crestron's Adagio system. It has an Ipod dock with it. It also has a music server, as Steve O mentioned above, but we're finding that the music server is too expensive right now. It would be less expensive for us to purchase the largest gig I-pod, put as much of our music on it as possible, and dock the I-pod. The Adagio system allows you to dock one I-pod and listen to up to four differnet songs at a time from it in various rooms throughout the home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here