Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ideamom_gw

IPOD Docks throughout house......

ideamom
17 years ago

I don't know if that is what it is called or not but on a decorating show I saw where they had installed something like a dock into a bathroom wall so that the client could put her ipod in the wall to play her ipod in the bathroom while showering or getting ready for work. I will be building a new home and would like to incorporate that in my home but don't know what it is called or who I would contact for such a thing...help please. Thanks

Comments (3)

• kateskouros
    17 years ago

it's a single docking station which feeds sound through pre wired audio throughout the home... inside or out. contact a home entertainment group... the same guys will install home alarms, surveillance, smart home technology etc... (at least the guys i found do.) good luck!

• steve_o
    17 years ago

+1. And when you talk with those people, discuss the possibility of a home music server that then feeds whatever room you're in. That might be a better bet than moving an iPod from room to room.

• soonermagic
    17 years ago

Look into Crestron's Adagio system. It has an Ipod dock with it. It also has a music server, as Steve O mentioned above, but we're finding that the music server is too expensive right now. It would be less expensive for us to purchase the largest gig I-pod, put as much of our music on it as possible, and dock the I-pod. The Adagio system allows you to dock one I-pod and listen to up to four differnet songs at a time from it in various rooms throughout the home.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio