Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would anybody buy a Philips or a Magnovox

Posted by tobr24u (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 13, 09 at 10:24

after reading this forum? I wouldn't take one if they were giving them away...lol!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would anybody buy a Philips or a Magnovox

I wouldn't base my buying decision on this forum. It is skewed quite a bit.

There is another forum that directs people with Philips and Magnavox problems to this forum for answers.

There used to be a member named PeeWee who would patiently try and help those people, but he hasn't posted on here in at last 2 years.

I wouldn't buy a P or M TV based on my former career in the industry and seeing how many P and M TVs broke.

o

Philips was reported at nytimes.com to be getting out of the retail TV business altogether. I posted a link here at the time but nytimes.com links sometimes don't stay good for very long so my previous post here is useless.

o

They are now made in communist china by FUNAI. Anything electronic now days either works or, it doesn't. I'm beginning to think that other than features and looks, the components are pretty much the same. I would be more inclined to base my decision on service type warranties and such..

o

PHILIPS IS BACKED UP BY FUNAI , NOW THEY BOUGHT IT THEY ARE NICE TV SETS , NEWER MODELS ARE MADE BY FUNAI WHO OWNS LOTS OF BRANDS AND THEY USE THE NAME PHILIPS . THEY ARE NOT THE BEST BUT THEY ARE OK . COMPARED WITH PRICES , THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE NOT TOO BAD . BUT NOT THE BEST . I WOULD GO WITH LG , AND SAMSUNG BECAUSE OF THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here