Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
On line stores

Posted by victory_tea2085 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 25, 07 at 10:20

Thinking about ordering a tv from an on line store. None of the stores in this area can come within 400$ of the on line price. Problem is that you cannot ship anything over a 21" screen back to the company, and you would end up dealing directly with Sony or the selected company. Should I take a chance and go with BestBuy plasma, LCDTV.com, Camera Addict etc? Many of them are located in NJ, I noted. Have any of you people dealt with these companies? Already checked BBB and most are OK with them. Any input greatly appreciated. Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On line stores

I ordered a 32" Sony LCD TV from Crutchfield by Christmas, and was delivered to my home in Alaska free of charge. It seems that somebody dropped it on its way here, so I immediately called Crutchfield to tell them of the problem. I repacked the TV as the Crutchfield technician told me to do, and UPS picked it the following week (free shipping again). They shipped a brand new replacement, free of charge, which I received four days later.

o

If I was going to buy one on line, I'd probably deal with Crutchfield also. I've bought a couple of small items from them before with no problems, but nothing big.
Otherwise, I don't know. If there's no problem with the TV, great. But if there's a problem, it could turn into a big hassle.
When we go HD, I think we'll deal locally, so that if there are any problems, I can deal with somebody face to face.

o

Crutchfield certainly looks like a great on line store. Unfortunately they do not have the LCD I want. I wish they did. Still thinking of ordering from Camera Addict due to the substantial savings. Paul

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here