Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ghost turns my set back on.Sometimes have a whirring noise.

Posted by goldenpond (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 23, 09 at 8:44

We bought the enormous samsung TV in 2005. hlrg616
(They told us at the store that wall mounts were just a fad)
My husband and I kid about our ghost that likes TV because often after we shut it off It turns on all by itself. Sometimes we will have gone into the next room and hear it start up. Also it has just begun to make the whirring noise. My husband cleaned the fans and called for customer help to see which one it is and we cannot get to the bottom of it.The part # they say we should have we don't.
The noise isn't constant and when we shut it off it stops but then we guess maybe it warms up and starts again. Unless the ghost is playing games with us, is there anything we can do to figure it out since their is a number discrepancy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ghost turns my set back on.Sometimes have a whirring noise.

call an excorcist.

keep in mind tha tmodern electronics never actually turn off like old tube type ones did. you probably have a loose conneciton or bad control board that is causing it to turn back on. as to teh whirring, could be the HV humming, this may or may not be an actual problem.

o

Take a look at this.

Here is a link that might be useful: CNet Samsung Forum

o

Do you know any exorcist off hand davidandkasie? I could sure use one!!!

JImisham thanks for that forum link. Looks like it should have been recalled if this many people are having problems!!!

o

Something connects my old land line computer to the ISP if it is not powered down when not in use.

I'm going to look into that someday. In the meantime I save power each time I leave my computer by clicking shut down.

o

Samsung doesn't recall anything.

o

My hubby stumbled on a parts place online and today the part arrived!
Wow No thanks to the Samsung people.He put it in and we watched without the whirring and then YEP it started up again!!!! Guess it was the other fan.
BTW I see a pile of U tubers have made videos on their disillusionment with their Samsung TVs

o

Is your set a DLP that has a lamp? If it is, the noise you hear is not a fan but the color wheel. The color wheel is usually the problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here