Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philips/Magnavox Model # TP3285 C129, Chassis # 32K800 7591

Posted by dante_r (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 4, 07 at 0:41

Hi,
I have this Philips TV and the menu, volume, and channel does not display. They don't display when you go to do the normal menu function, change channel, or volume. Also the picture in picture moves in a downward movement. It goes down disappears at the bottom of the screen then reappears at the top and moves down the screen and disappears at the bottom and repeats when just using the picture in picture mode. I have been online and no one knows what it is please help.

Thank-you,

Dante

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Philips/Magnavox Model # TP3285 C129, Chassis # 32K800 7591

dante: It's not an easy thing to try and troubleshoot problems with any electronic equipment unless you have a Service Manual/Schematic and general knowledge of the unit internally. You are very limited in solving any problems from a user's stand point of view. Out of curiosity, are you using the functions on the actual TV or remote control? If it's by the remote control, you could 1st try replacing the batteries or taking the remote unit apart and cleaning the keypads on the circuit board with isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. If on the TV, it would require extensive disassembly to get to the buttons. That's probably why no one Online has been able to help you. As to the PIP moving up and down, I have no information that I can give you now as to what to check.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here