Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need capacitor rating on Philips YV (TP3284)

Posted by waxhaw (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 21, 09 at 23:34

Have a burned disc capacitor on my Philips/Magnavox TV.

***It's located on position #2619 on the circuit board***

TV model:TP3284 C101
Chassis:32G700 7585

Need to buy a replacement and need to know the specifications for this capacitor

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need capacitor rating on Philips YV (TP3284)

OK I am assuming that your TV has lost its color-started shutting off-- gotten color bars on the screen etc. for some reason there is not enough ventilation in the TV causing an over heating problem , here is what to do , if you have the back off get rid of the metal shield that covers the circuit board , then in my case i cut a hole in the back panel with a hole saw and mounted a computer fan powered by a 12 v power supply to the cover ,this keeps the guts nice and cool and cures the problem ,use an outlet block with a switch in it to turn the TV +fan off and on this repair only costs about 20 bucks and is a lot less expensive than a repair man who cant fix it, mine would shut off after 20 min and you would have to unplug it to make it come back on again , now it runs all day no problem

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here