Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
27TS54 C101/Chassis 27B800-7562

Posted by amyb_2007 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 29, 07 at 21:46

TV has a problem with the picture. The picture came on and went off. When it went off, the green power light would flash fast. The sound stays on and I can change the channels but now the picture is just black w/ red, green & blue glow. I checked the cords & the antenna, all were connected. The picture will not come back, but the sound is there. Is this an easy fix w/ a repair shop or can I do it myself? Please let me know. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 27TS54 C101/Chassis 27B800-7562

Replacing a fuse is an "easy fix" This sounds to me like you have either a High Voltage problem or defective picture tube. When the set is ON and you hear the sound, can you also hear the high frequency whine or pitch of the high voltage on the CRT? The frequency is 15,734 Hz. Some people can't hear this high of a frequency. You could also check if you can see the filaments of the picture tube with a low glow when the power chord is connected to the wall socket. This keeps the picture tube in a stand by mode for an Instant On when you click ON the power with the remote.
WARNING!!!!

BEFORE YOU REMOVE THE BACK OF THE TV, FOLLOW ALL PRECAUTIONS NECESSARY TO PREVENT ELECTRICAL SHOCK. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE, DO NOT REMOVE THE BACK OF THE TV UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. LEAVE IT FOR A PROFESSIONAL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here