Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samsung DVD R-155 freezes up after recording from timer

Posted by w0lley32 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 13, 12 at 21:22

Hi! I have a Samsung DVD R-155 DVD recorder that works fine if I just watch a show and press the Record button on the remote, but if I use the timer to record a show, when I go to watch it the recorder displays "open" on the front panel and nothing happens. It takes three "power downs" to clear the bug but the DVD is unreadable, even from the recorder.

I went on Samsung's website, but they don't seem to have a software update for it. Would someone of you know if an update might fix my problem, or if the recorder is just good for the garbage can? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samsung DVD R-155 freezes up after recording from timer

I had a DVD player that every time I wanted to use it I had to unplug it from the wall for a couple minutes. You might try this. Seems to let something reset itself.

o
RE: Samsung DVD R-155 freezes up after recording from timer

Unplugging the device for several minutes has been done. Many times. I need to do it three times before it lets me open the door. I tried changing media brands, always with the same effect. I am pretty sure the thing is kaput, but I posted here hoping to hear of a software update unknown to me before buying a new recorder. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here