Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gas cooktop with Downdraft

Posted by Like2cook2 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 2, 12 at 21:01

I NEED HELP! I have been from appliance shop to appliance shop and nobody seems to be able to advise me. I am having a new kitchen installed with a island and I wand a GAS cooktop, I like the slide in ones. And I really want to be able to cook with a WOK. The problem seems to be I need to have a downdraft too.I can't have a over range vent as we have bedrooms above. I am looking at the Viking range with the 1200CFM downdraft ( I was told by one sales person this is the only company that will warrantee this combination of appliances) which is quite pricey but I will go there...what i want to know is there any other choices?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gas cooktop with Downdraft

We have a Viking 36" rangetop with a matching Viking downdraft vent, installed in Feb 2003. No problems at all. BUt the vent does not work all that well, especially for heavy duty wok cooking. If you do a stir fry once a month, maybe burgers every few weeks, it'll be okay. But you won't be really stir-frying with 15K BTU burners. Wok burners are typically 30K. Just be prepared to repaint the kitchen more often. We have a high ceiling and an open floor plan and no issues whatsoever.

Just understand the limitations.

o
RE: Gas cooktop with Downdraft///

PS, the really belongs in the Appliances forum, where you'll get far more responses! Or maybe Kitchens.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here