Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Phillips Magnavox 27' Tube t.v.

Posted by atodds1975 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 28, 12 at 20:13

Hi I have a phillips Magnavox 27" T.V. model# HD2717C101 Chassis # 27B800-7562 manufactured April of 98
After it was working fine it was shut off and when turned back on it has no picture, just a black screen with a single white horizontal line near the botton. The green power light flashes steady. Does anyone have any Ideas what might be wrong with it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Phillips Magnavox 27' Tube t.v.

I realize this isn't the help you're looking for, but unless you can somehow identify which parts have failed, locate replacement parts and do the job yourself, anything else would be wasted effort time and money. It's almost 14 years old and fixing it will be like trying to fix a 1954 Studebaker.

o

does anyone else have an idea ho to diagnose this problem?

o

While sometimes there are common known problems and repairs, 95% of the time it requires knowledgeable troubleshooting of the circuits with test equipment. Other components can also fail as the result of another component failing. Philips/Magnavox has always had an unusually high failure rate. Currently, they do not make any televisions and simply license their name to Funai Electric.

Since most people are not usually in the position to simply run out and buy a new television when their current one fails, I often suggest checking thrift shops - the ones that are run by charitable organizations not trying to make a profit. They have, and still receive almost brand new expensive CRT televisions that people mistakenly thought they had to replace just because over-the-air transmission went digital. I've seen $1500 televisions selling for as little $15!

Sorry I couldn't offer more help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here