Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cell phone not holding power

Posted by jardinista (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 8, 07 at 20:11

I have an LG flip phone with verizon service.I've had the phone for about 1 1/2 years.I recharge it when the bars go down to one. Lately,I get about 15 minutes of talk time and the phone goes dead.It recharges to full bars and without talking,will last about 2 days or so. But almost no talk time. What's up? Crappy phone,battery? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cell phone not holding power

More than likely the battery has developed a memory. Ni-Cad batteries are worst for this kind of problem, but other than Ni-Cad batteries take much longer for the problem to occur. years ago there were all sorts of chargers/maintainers one could use to discharge and recharge the battery several times to correct the problem, but nowadays it's just as easy to buy a new battery and be done with it. A battery should give you about a year of good use.

o

That battery should be a lithium-ion battery, and, therefore, much more resistant to a memory effect than NiCds. But ray is right -- this battery likely is spent. Two days standby is not much, especially if you don't have analog service on the phone. It's easiest to get a new battery. I've purchased several batteries off that big auction site (even third-party non-brands) and, if you're careful to buy from a seller who makes their living selling phones and accessories, you're likely to get a decent battery for not much money.

o

I have an old Kyocera QCP 3035, which is having the same problem. It doesn't hold a charge for very long. Where can I find a replacement battery, and how do I install it?

o

eBay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here