Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dvd player on magnavox tv/vcr/dvd combo not working.

Posted by bsfreeman (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 20, 09 at 19:12

I have a Magnavox TV/DVD combo Model#MSD724G that is about 2.5 years old an the dvd player is no longer working. I switch from TV mode to AUX mode, then try to change to DVD mode and the the DVD part doesn't load up. It tries and when it fails, the entire tv gets shut off. Not sure if the player needs to be replaced or if it can be fixed somehow. HELP!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dvd player on magnavox tv/vcr/dvd combo not working.

Unfortunately, I'm sure you've heard the old saying: "Never buy an all-in-one" unit, because if one part of it breaks, just throw the whole thing out. My guess would be that labor alone would be half the price of the television.

o
RE: dvd player on magnavox tv/vcr/dvd combo not working.

i agree, when you have a part of a combo go bad you toss the whole thing. or you can go pickup a 29.95 DVD player and plug it in teh AUX input.

i had a JVC VCR a couple years ago would try to come on and then shut down. total cost of repair, including shipping was 100.00. i paid it the 1st time since this was a high end commercial grade unit that cost well over 500.00. the second time it did it i tossed it in teh garbage. if this had been and off the shelf unit, i would not even have thought about getting it fixed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here