Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
philip/magnavox 50MF231D/37

Posted by build4u (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 20, 08 at 17:56

I have a Philip/ Magnavox model 50MF231D/37 that is one year and 20 days old. (20 days past the warranty) Today the TV wouldn't turn on. I pressed the power button and the green led lit up and TV clicked as usual, but the screen stayed black. TV clicked a few more time (as if it was trying to turn on again), then the green led went out and the red led started to flash. Five long flashes and three short ones. Unpluged the TV a few times, but got the same results. If anyone could shed any light on this I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: philip/magnavox 50MF231D/37

this may help

50MF231D/37 info

o

Thanks. I upgraded the firmware about 4 months ago, and tried again yesterday. It's how I noticed the power starts to turn on then stops. When the flash drive is connected to anything powered up it stays lit. Now in the TV I have to unplug the power to get rid of the red flashing led then plug it in and the flash drive lights up for a sec every time the TV clicks for about three cycles before the red led start flashing.

Mark

o

will not power up

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here