Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joe_mn

hd crt

joe_mn
14 years ago

my brother has a 36" sony xbr hd tv. i cannot tell any difference with hd and non-hd programming. i have a crt rptv and it is night/day different. my new plasma is night/day different. to tell you the truth, i cannot recall seeing any other hd crt tv's. maybe my memory is just fading. anyone here care to share their hd crt tv opinions? do they look better with hd content or not?

Comments (6)

• jdbillp
    14 years ago

HD programming looks better on every CRT set that I've seen it on. I wonder if your brother has his TV connected to his HD source properly.

• joe_mn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

he has comcast cable. says he has hd tuner from them. supposed to be hooked up right .the hd and non-hd channels both work. i flipped between both and no change in picture quality. says he is using component cables also. tv is in custom cabinent and hard to get access to rear but he says it is hooked up right. he got new plasma recently and that looks awesome. had friend who had 57" pioneer elite rptv and he tried a hd tuner and said he could not see difference. that tv is gone now. he has new flat panel set and says hd is awesome. always wondered if he had it hooked up right? never did check it out.

• jdbillp
    14 years ago

Check the output settings on the cable box. Make sure they are in 1080i.

• joe_mn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

got a plasma for xmas. also got new comcast "small" black hd box. model 110 i think? would not power up. got 2nd box. very erratic remote operation. got large silver comcast 2nd gen box. same remote operation. tech came out and replaced with old style silver hd box. works fine now. says lots of complaints with box operation with plasma tv's. not sure of connection. how do you access setup menu on this old cable box? i think you push some menu button with power off?

• jdbillp
    14 years ago

"how do you access setup menu on this old cable box? i think you push some menu button with power off?"

That how you do it on many cable boxes so it is the first place I would start.

• joe_mn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yes, push menu button with cable box off. i may check brothers setup on crt tv eventually. my current box does not have hdmi. no big deal. don't have a cable bundling issue.