Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diggerb2

reception/antenna problems

diggerb2
17 years ago

as noted by other posters, i too live in the stone age and

do not have cable by choice.

we rely on a roof antenna that does a great job, until recently.

had 1 TV in the living room, coaxil cable from antenna into the dvd/vcr, video cable from dvd/vcr into TV. got the 3 major stations, fox, the 2 pbs stations, and 3 independent stations in area.

got a tv/dvd/vcr for the kids bedroom.

went to the basement, cut the coax, added new terminals

hooked it to a signal splitter. hooked the livingroom TV to the splitter, then thru dvd/vcr. I still get reception on all my stations, but one of the majors is a bit crappy at times-- this could be due to weather.

ran a new coax cable thru the heat duct to the kids room-- it was the easiest way-- into the new tv/dvd/vcr. I only get the vhf stations on this TV.

WHY?

other info that may help:

when new tv went into kid's room, there was no reception at all. with an old set of rabbit ears there was no reception at all (same rabbit ears work great for all the same stations as in the living room, but on a TV in the spare bedroom).

the new TV/DVD/VCR is a memorex

i got all my supplies from radio shack

and last but not least,

when i cut the coax from the antenna to the livingroom tv

the part of the coax that ranm from the basement to the tv in the living room started to drip water-- a drop about every 10 seconds-- which i think might be causing my reception problems in the living room-- except its only 1 station.

thanks for any info or help that you might impart to improve the situation, my kids want their PBS and CW back

diggerb

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner