Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

where's my cyanide?? (vcr and dtv converters)

catherinet
15 years ago

LOL.

I fear lots of us "mature" types are going to go crazy figuring out how the hell to tape our shows with these converter boxes.

I understand that if I want to watch a show while I'm taping it, or if I want to tape different shows at different times, I'll need approximately 12 converter boxes. Okay....maybe 2.

Right now, all I want to do is tape a show.

I have hooked the boxes up to several TVs.....no problem.

I have printed off about 8 posts from this forum as to how to do this........but I can't do it!!

I've been sitting on my couch with 3 remotes in my hand, and its gotten ridiculous. I just can't tape anything through my VCR.

Here's the deal. I know I have it all connected right. (Antenna to converter box, converter box to VCR, VCR to TV.

(I don't have any RCA cables hooked up, because there's a set of those from my DVD machine to the TV.)

The VCR is set to "3" in the back. I use the TV remote to set the TV to "3".

I get everything working okay, and then program a show (or do the instant record), and when I watch it, there's nothing but snow on the TV.

I've read posts here that say to set the TV, the VCR, the converter box to channel 3......but then how would the box know what station I want to tape?

I know you're all getting real tired of questions like this, and I'm sorry.

It used to be so easy......now it takes a Ph.D. to figure this simple thing out!

Please help me out with this.

What am I doing wrong??

And I forewarn you that my brain is getting fried trying to figure this out, so I might make increasingly less sense. :)

Thanks!

Comments (4)