Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have a Salamander home entertainment stand?

Posted by valinsv (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 8, 08 at 14:25

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, so please let me know if not.

DH just purchased a new Sony 46" Bravia flat panel TV and now we are looking for a TV stand/entertainment center to set it on as well as house all of the compenents, center speaker and CDs/DVDs.

He is interested in using Salamander which looks like it is a modular setup that we can configure to our space and needs.

Does anyone have any experience with this either good or bad?

Here is a link that might be useful: Salamander Designs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have a Salamander home entertainment stand?

Although I do not own any, I have been familiar with the Salamander Synergy line of furniture for a few years now.

Very well built. If the style fits your decor I recommend Salamander highly.

o

Thanks jdbillp for the recommendation. DH had been focusing on the Synergy line--though I am a bit offput by the metal connectors and the feet. I like the Chameleon series--in particular the Sonona line as it has a more furniture look to it, but still with the little wire mesh DH wants so there is ventillation for the components and can trigger via the remote. Our family room is very open (including the kitchen) so both the functionality and looks will be impt.

o

I like the Sonoma line, too. It is quite a bit more "furniture looking" than the Synergy line. The beauty of the Synergy line is the vast amount of different things you can do with it.

I just saw my first piece of the Hampton line. I have to decide if I like the distressed look or not.

Note that if you get the 20" tall models you get the cool wood feet. If you get the 30" models then you get the round leveling feet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here