Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sony KV32522 picture problem

Posted by ken06 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 14, 07 at 14:23

Hi,
I have a 32" Sony Model KV32522. When I turn the TV on in less than 30 seconds the picture will shrink to the top of the screen and then dissapear. At first if I turned the set on and off a few times the picture would stay on. Now I can't get the picture to stay on at all. The TV was made in February of 1998 so since it's less than 10 years old would it be worth having it repaired. I was hoping I would get a long service life with a Sony. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be and if it would be an easy fix?

Thank you. Ken

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sony KV32522 picture problem

One of the first things I would look at is the filter capacitors in the Vertical Deflection circuit. Some sets shrink from top and bottom to a center bar in the center. Others will shrink upward or downward depending on which filter capacitor is defective. You need a schematic diagram to identify these Electrolytic Capacitors. Similar to a problem earlier on this forum. Most companies will not carry parts after 7 years if they are specialize parts. Electrolytic capacitors are very common and can be bought, depending on the value, at Radio Shack, Hosfelt, Mouser, All Electronics Corp. and other electronic type stores.

o
RE: Sony KV32522 picture problem

I believe the model should be KV32S22 not KV32522.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here