Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trouble with Insignia 15 inch TV

Posted by hamster (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 25, 08 at 12:11

I just bought a 15" Insignia TV from Best Buy for my bathroom. The HD channels will freeze frame with no sound and then the picture gets spotty "checker boardy". (not electronic savy,sorry). It seems to run okay otherwise except every morning, the breaker is flipped. I have had a regular TV in the same spot for years with no problems. Do you think this TV is bad or is Insignia in general a bad idea. I bought because of the size and price.
please advise.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trouble with Insignia 15 inch TV

call your cable company first and explain it to them

"blocky" on HD channels

o

no cable here. rural...antenna..I have other TV's on the same antenna. They are not HD. Could that be the problem? The big screen TV is hooked up to DirecTV.

o

could be... or try it at a neighbor's house if they have DirecTV HD.

o

Isn't all that bathroom mosture bad for a tv?

o

I exchanged the TV for a different one (same brand,etc.) and having the same trouble. I assume then that it is possible that my antenna isn't strong enough to bring in the full signal 100% of the time?
What has me baffled is that both kept tripping the breaker. I put the old TV back in and that is not tripping the breaker.
I would think if your fan is a good one, it shouldn't be a big deal. I have had a TV in the bathroom for years with no problem.

o

Try running a fairly heavy extension cord to another plug-in on another circuit in another room. If that eliminates the problem- there's your answer. If it doesn't then that wasn't the problem :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here