Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philps tv won't power on

Posted by CandieS (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 9, 13 at 11:11

Hi Everyone, My name is Candie and any help I can will greatly be appreciated because I cannot afford to put it in a shop. I was just give a Philips tv model # 46PFL3505DF7. If I could get it fixed it would be the nicest tv I have owed. When you push power button no picture or sound, only a white light comes on stays on for about 7 seconds shuts off. When you pull the power cord out of the back you will hear a click in about 4 seconds, and when you plug it back in you will hear a click in about 7 seconds. The set was manufactured in June 2011. Well that's my story. I would love any advice,and is worth a shot at fixing. Thankyou so much. Candie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Philps tv won't power on

I didn't get exactly what you want to say. Did you want to say that there is problem with your TV set when you switch on it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Electronics

o

Thankyou for checking in with me,sorry if I was confusing.the tv won't power on all I get is a click and a white light(assuming it is a standby light) no picture or sound then after a few seconds it clicks and the light go out. Thank you so much .Candie

o

Try disconnecting any electronics plugged into the set - HDMI USB Ethernet etc before hitting the power button. I have a late model Phillips that takes a few seconds to scans its ports when you hit the power button. It will attempt to activate anything plugged into it before going into full operational mode.

o

Thankyou but nothing is hooked up to the tv. It was just give to us

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here