Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
srmcvey

DVD Recorder Signal Hum

srmcvey
17 years ago

I just purchased a Samsung DVD Recorder that seems to magnify an electrical humming noise from the cable signal. First I had hooked the DVD recorder to my TV and my stereo receiver and tried to record on a DVD. Then when I listened to the recording, there was an annoying hum in the background. I unhooked everything and now have the signal (antenna) going to the DVD recorder and from there to the TV. I have the recorder video output connected to the TV via S-video and the recorder audio output connected to the TV via analog jacks. When the recorder if off, the audio coming from the TV is fine. If you move close to the TV and listen hard you hear a very faint electrical hum which is normal. When I flip the recorder ON and tune it to the same channel, this hum is magnified to the point where it competes with the audio coming from the program. It is very annoying. My first guess is that this is a problem in the DVD recorder, but I was hoping someone out there would have another suggestion. The troubleshooting guide that came with the recorder doesn't address this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz