Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We did it! New Sony Bravia LCD

Posted by meskauskas (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 9, 06 at 9:30

Just wanted to post and say we finally chose our new TV - the Sony Bravia 40" true LCD. Best Buy delivered it and set it up for us, and it's wonderful. Great picture with digital cable..I've noticed some commercials were a little on the grainy side, but the movies and TV shows we looked at are just fine. We surfed channels for hours and didn't see anything that hated in terms of picture quality. We ended up spending more than we had planned to, but love what we got, so I guess it's worth it in the end.

Thanks to everyone who passed on info when we were looking - it really helped to narrow down choices!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We did it! New Sony Bravia LCD

Congrats Clara! Glad to hear everything worked out.
-jasper

o

BRAVO!

o

meskauskas: How do you like your sony bravia. Any concerns, complaints. We are considering purchasing one like yours 40". Any feed back would be helpful.

o

Looks good to me even when it is off.

o

Congrats on a great purchase. We will be getting one for the MBR. Price is not an issue, but size is, since the room is small. I have an old funky 31" regular TV in there now, and that monster is the focal point in the room. UGH. Wanted to get the 40" Bravia, but will probably do the 32" and use the 55" big screen tv in the LR when we must have the full theater experience.

PS: I mostly watch B&W DVD's from the 30's, 40's and 50's. I took some of my favorite DVD's (Casablanca; north by northwest; Notorious) down to Best Buy and they let me demo them through the Bravias - They looked terrific as they are all remastered versions. The black bars on the sides did not bother me either, like the older LCD's where the bars were grey and really stood out.

I know what TV to get but have been waiting for 2 years now to find a stand I like. It must fit in with our modernist home and have a minimalist design, yet function well for holding the Tivo box, DVD player, and yes, the old VCR.

Enjoy your new set!!

L

o

did you get a 40" Lcd for the HD picture or for the cool packaging? thin sets are so neat. I have 53" rptv and a 42" plasma and the rptv seems like a dinosaur. I have a large room for the rptv so I can deal with it. the plasma can fit anywhere which is nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here