Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GPS Battery Won't Charge

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 7, 08 at 7:08

I've had my Garmin GPS for a little over a year. I love it, but for some reason the battery won't charge. I've charged it in the past with no problem. I had it running in the car for a while over the weekend, and got a message that the battery is low. I tried charging it in the house using an adapter, but that didn't work either.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GPS Battery Won't Charge

The battery may be bad.

o

we are a commercial 2 way shop and do business with a lot of farmers. a few weeks back one drove up, handed me his Garmin and said here, if you can make it work you can have it. it took me all of 5 minutes to fix it. the problem with ANY device that has battery contacts is they get dirty over time. remove the battery, clean both the battery and the contacts onthe unit itself with an eraser and reinsert teh battery.

o

maybe your GPS have to replace the battery or you need a new replacement GPS with a reliable system.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here