Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do with all the wiring?

Posted by deezie (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 8, 08 at 5:54

Hi everyone,
My husband purchased a new flatscreen tv and put it on the wall downstairs in the family room. Its on the wall fine on a tv bracket and looks great. The problem is all the wiring for all the other stuff. He drilled a hole in back of the tv and put those wires in and then up at the bottom. There is a ledge where all the stuff is like dvd player, wii stuff like that. its all a mess and there are wires everywhere, When I watch the shows on HGTV and you see a tv on the wall in someones house you never see all the mess under it. My husband built a box to go over it all but it still does not look great, does anyone have any suggestions or tips? thanks so much
deezie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do with all the wiring?

You need two wires to the TV: Power and signal. Use an HDMI cord, which carries picture and sound.

Then get a cabinet for the DVD,Wii, etc. Plug all that stuff into an AV Receiver that can switch HDMI. Run one HDMI cable from that to the TV. Use it to control the input to the TV.

o

Thanks for the reply, I just had my husband read the response and he said we already did this. He said that the wiring that is all over the place is from everything else. Oh boy I am just dumb about all this. I was thinking there was someone who knew about wireless stuff that would be ideal right:)
deezie

o

simple, go to the store and spend a couple bucks on a pack of tie wraps. then NEAT UP THE WIRES. i have tons of wiring for all my stuff, but since it is all neatly bundled up you cannot see it.

i do have 1 bundle going up the wall to the tv, i saw no need to run it in the wall since we are ripping out the panelling this spring anyway. i will run it in the wall once the sheetrock is going in though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here