Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
problem with philips tv - flashing red light

Posted by pkandpw (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 16, 08 at 0:11

The question I have is why is there a red light that is flashing 6 times on the front of the tv. It is a philips flat screen 42" hdtv-model 42PF9431D/37 . The tv won't turn on and present the green light but rather just flashes the red light 6 times , any ideas as to what to do and what may be wrong? thanks ahead of time my friends!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: problem with philips tv - flashing red light

without looking up trouble codes I would suggest unplugging the TV from the electrical outlet for about 30 minutes and then plug it back in and turn it on.
How old is it?

Good luck.

o

Second the unplugging experiment. Unplug it from the wall for a period of time.

The unplugging of things goes way back to the early '70s. Some persons servicing the million dollar computers would power everything off for almost any mysterious undiagnosed problem and then proceed with diagnoses if the problem didn't disappear.

o

would that be the infamous 3 blinks, 2 blinks, 1 long blink ?

let me know

I read some info on the web ...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here